Need to find my way back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been awhile since I have been here. Was doing really good for a long time, but now I'm back to my old ways, I think its the nice weather. But I really want to go back to the way it was and the way I was when I wasn't drinking - I miss her. This rotten alcoholic brain is trying to convince me that I can't enjoy a beautiful day sitting by the lake (my front yard) without a alcoholic beverage in hand, yet I know this is a lie, but it's still difficult not to listen. So I dumped the rest of my wine and I am going to prove it to myself how much I can enjoy hanging out without the alcohol.

Have a happy day!

WTBF

WELCOME BACK and best wishes. We are here for you.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

You can enjoy it...even better without alcohol....bless you
      Control the Mind

Comment

Welcome back wanting!

Good for you - don't listen to that liar in your head.
        Everytime mine starts up I just turn her off and shut her up!!! Someday I hope she completely disappears.

Hang in there,
        Lavande
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

This rotten alcoholic brain is trying to convince me that I can't enjoy a beautiful day sitting by the lake (my front yard) without a alcoholic beverage in hand, yet I know this is a lie, but it's still difficult not to listen.
          Wanting, I just had the same conversation going on in my brain! I decided to get on MWO instead of arguing! I wish I could see my computer screen while outside! Ok, so right now, maybe I'm not strong enough to go outside without my glass of wine on this beautiful evening. But I have been before and I will be again. Just tonight I am feeling weak. So, I am here on MWO. It's a good substitute. I'll sit outside tomorrow night!

Keep at it! It's worth it.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
          X