Back on track, I hope.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back on track, I hope.

Well I am on day 7 af after having 13 days af. I am keeping things very simple, eating well, drinking water and not getting too freaked out when I am feeling bad. My withdrawals are not as severe as they should be. Thank God. I just hope I can keep this up. I need to stay away from alcohol as much as I hate to say it. Anyway, I just wanted to check in and let whoever is out there know how I am doing and there is hope. Just don't drink. Easier said then done. I know. Believe me, I know.

Back on track, I hope.

jackson, that is great! 7 days AF and still going! You are right, it is not easy. But most things that are worth doing are not 'easy'! Maybe that makes them more valuable?

Anyway, good job!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Back on track, I hope.

Jackson,

That is great news, I have been thinking about you! Glad the withdrawals are not as bad as before. Just keep up what you are doing, eat, sleep, read, walk, whatever it takes!

Ann

Comment

Back on track, I hope.

Glad you're back on track. It took me from Dec. 07 til May 08 to get with the program...thank GOD, I finally did. I believe you will too.
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Back on track, I hope.

Glad to hear you are doing well.

I find the art of distraction to be a very useful tool. Everytime I get a drinking thought, I push it out of my head and distract myself with some other task. Sounds incredible simple but it's been working for me, have just gotten past the 30 day mark.

You can do it too - hang in there.
          Lavande
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Back on track, I hope.

Lavande

Congradulations on 30 days. You are right about the art of distraction. I have a ton of time on my hands and I made sure this week that I had a book to read, some movies i had laying around to watch, and i am now trying to watch some basketball. Just finished a good meal so I am feeling ok with myself. It sucks that it's Friday and I am alone but I can't let that play into my head because that is what will ultimately send out to get something to drink. Don't get me wrong I am saying to myself alot why me but I realized last night that everyone goes through adversity and if this is my lot I have to suck it up and accept it and stop bitching about it. I just hope I can keep this attitude going because it is whats keeping me sober.

Comment

Working...
            X