Am I aloud to ask - how's the sex drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this might not be the norm but I have been wondering about something.

My fiance and I (getting married 23rd May 2009, second marriage for both) have been together for 11 years (have 7 children between us).

We love each other dearly and definately if there is two people that belong together it's us :l, However especially over the last year I have lost my sex drive. When I drink at night I get sooooooo lethargic I fall asleep all the time and the next night even if I don't drink I may be in a great mood but just not want sex. Is that strange!! Our sex life previously has always been fantastic and there is nothing that has happend that should change that.

I have had hormone tests but they are OK - so is it the alcohol?

Course you are allowed ask! Anything goes except camel toes.... oh I am a poet and I dont know it! I think most people's problem is the opposite of yours in that once AL goes out the window so does the sex! My husband said he didnt realise when I gave up drinking that he was also giving up sex otherwise he would not have agreed to me giving up drinking.
    BH

Comment

I'll take quality over quantity any day...Mr Cakes & I both agree that sober sex = better sex.
      But it's true...it doesn't happen as often!

xo

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Maybe it just takes a while for the hormones to adjust back to normal then hopefully things will pick up. At least I have one hell of a patient and understanding man by my side.

Comment

For me being AF has been a night and day shift in the sexual arena. Drinking = not anything special......Sober = more and much better.....hang in there Millie, it will all come back and be better than ever.....congrats on the big day coming up!!! (My sweet husband and I have six between us and it is a non stop fun ride....)

Comment

good question millie, I suppose it's different for different people but i can honestly say that now that i am sober I can feel so much more...I mean really feel in every way...I love to touch and be touch now. When I was drinking I was just sorta giving sex as a way of saying "I am sorry that you are married to a drunk"...Now we MAKE LOVE and enjoy the experience of being completely there during the whole experience...Make sense ???
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I agree with Evie...the sex while drinking is kind of like an obligation. Afterall, my primary relationship has been with a wine bottle for a while. I'm still workinng on changing that so I can't comment a lot on how it is after getting sober but I can imagine it only gets better...and I know it was in the past when I wasn't drinking much.

Comment

Working...
              X