Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Saturday 25th

Where are all the ODATers?

I drank last night, bit annoyed really as a friend going to come round for a drink so I opened a bottle of red. Wasn't that bothered if I drank or not really which I suppose in itself is progress! Anyway, time ticked by and I poured myself a glass while waiting, drank it and so on until at 9.40pm she rang to say she wouldn't make it! Needless to say I finished the bottle myself!

Anyway, I'm going out tonight but won't drink as I am driving so if I don't drink on Sunday it will only be one bottle for a whole week and that is really good. Almost moderate drinking. :H
    If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

ODAT Saturday 25th

Here's one little ODATer, Blue!

Had about 1-1/2 drinks yesterday (practically none, for me!!)... Planning AF day today. I'm soon off to a class from 9-1 & then I want to go back to this new gym. That will all take a big chunk of AF time!

I almost hate to say I'm feeling strong again... since I was there when I went 4+ days... only to Cave.

When I was talking to new MWO friend yesterday, I brought up how we all seem to have an "anxiety" factor.. and she brought up the "impulse" factor. Those are both Strong stumbling blocks! But being aware of these things is very helpful.

I think I'm going to try Observing when I have impulse. When that thought comes into my mind ("I think I'll go buy some booze.."), I'm going to see if I can isolate that thought, look at it, turn it over & over... until it passes!

Hope you all enjoy your Saturday!
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT Saturday 25th

Hey Savon! Glad to hear you had a "light" Friday night. I didnt get a chance to call (at work) but I hope to talk with you sometime today. Really looking forward to our actually meeting in person!!! We are really lucky to be so close, like somebody said, we can really help each other! Glad to hear you are feeling strong again. Keep it going, you ARE strong.
      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT Saturday 25th

Blue Sky, I think if you are content with what you drank, then its definitely progess! If I ever managed (highly doubtful) to just have one or two, then I would be very happy with that! Problem is, once I have one... well you know, it ends up being a ton, and not one!

I posted somewhere that I have been trying the L-Glutamine trick. It saved my ass last night. My car was about ready to turn into the liquor store, but the Glut curbed the cravings enough to get me back to sanity. It also suddenly made me very sleepy, an added bonus!!!
        I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT Saturday 25th

ODATERS!!

Lovely AM here but going to push 90 so I'm off to do some outside work. Can you imagine noisy yard tools in the heat with a hangover? Me either - wouldn't get done! :H

Hold on to your resolve and keep the pace!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT Saturday 25th

Good Morning ODATers! Just wanted to stop in and say hi. Hope everyone has a beautiful Saturday and achieves all goals set for the stay. Have a great one!

Comment

ODAT Saturday 25th

Hi All -
              Drank like a sailor last night and feeling like crap today - We closed on our house and I knew I was going to start the Topa today and try and go AF for a while so I whooped it up. At least it was really good wine. Cried alot when I realized how big a part of my life alcohol really is. Crying hangover is just as bad. Anyhow it is warm and beautiful here in Indy - Hope all have a great day!!!

Comment

ODAT Saturday 25th

Just found this site and I sure hope it can encourage me to stop drinking. Any helpful ideas out there?

Comment

ODAT Saturday 25th

:welcome: maggieo! TONS of helpful ideas! Take a look at this link for starters.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
                  sigpic

Comment

ODAT Saturday 25th

Hello x I am newish xxx is it best to join in with a thread like ODAT or make a new thread or go with newbies nest?

Comment

ODAT Saturday 25th

Hi angie! :welcome:

You don't can do whatever you like. Poke around and see what you are comfortable with. I hang around a few. I have been sober for a while but stick by here for support to others.
                      sigpic

Comment

ODAT Saturday 25th

my avatar says it all for me at the mo

Comment

ODAT Saturday 25th

Ah, barely hangiing on? Look up a couple posts where I replied to maggieo and click on the tool box link. Good suggestions in that thread.
                          sigpic

Comment

ODAT Saturday 25th

greeneyes x thank u x I am feeling a bit uncomfortable as everyone seems to know each otherx did bear all in ODAT x confessions and all x

Comment

ODAT Saturday 25th

:H some are like that. Some know each other's phone numbers, etc. Some have been members a long time and sort of do know each other. There are a couple on this thread that have been here a while. You just go along at your own pace and share what you feel like. Ask questions. This is about you and what you need. Plenty of people here ready to help and nobody is intrusive. :l
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X