Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi all im new to this and is a bit strange , i get drunk on average 3 times a week i dont know how it happend it seems to have crept up on me newbi

hi dorri welcom,3 times a week,12 times a month, 144 times a year interesting , yes,this is a great site we care gyco little humor

Comment

Welcome Dorrie, Have you read the MWO book yet ??? It is a great way to get started and begin to understand what the program has to offer you. This is a wonderful site full of great people how are all trying to learn to find out how to deal with ALCOHOL in their lives. We are different and yet very much alike. You will find people here that will support your goals...whatever they turn out to be. I look forward to getting to know you.
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Hi Dorri and :welcome: ! Glad to have you on board. You will find much support and encouragement here from all.

Comment

choppersmom;600812 wrote: Hi Dorri and :welcome: ! Glad to have you on board. You will find much support and encouragement here from all.
          thanks after getting drunk last nite and verbally abused my husband yet again ,enough is enough he said to me i cant do this anymore with you , now terrified ive lost him for good i need to make changes

Comment

i know that probally doesnt sound a lot to you all but its been on going for 3yrs , and i get quite nasty at times with my husband , i binge drink in the afternoon when ive had a stressful day at work, i try to hide it but my husband isnt stupid like i think he is , well last night he has had enough , my fault

Comment

Dorri, I can understand what you are going through. If I got enough wine into me, I would become a very "ugly" drunk and my boyfriend was always on the receiving end. I would be fine with others around, but once it was just me and him I would become very mean to him.

Thankfully, I have a boyfriend with the patience of a saint. I knew if I didn't change my ways I would lose him and that is what I don't want. He is my biggest supporter.

Have you talked to your husband today? Does he know you have come here for help and guidance?

Comment

choppersmom;600834 wrote: Dorri, I can understand what you are going through. If I got enough wine into me, I would become a very "ugly" drunk and my boyfriend was always on the receiving end. I would be fine with others around, but once it was just me and him I would become very mean to him.

Thankfully, I have a boyfriend with the patience of a saint. I knew if I didn't change my ways I would lose him and that is what I don't want. He is my biggest supporter.

Have you talked to your husband today? Does he know you have come here for help and guidance?
                he told me he cant do this anymore , i asked for his help and i told him i would get help but ive said it before and he dont belive me , but im serious this time , i cant talk to him as he dont listen to what makes me unhappy, im at my wits end

Comment

Take a deep breath. It will get easier. I know my BF didn't believe me at first because I had always said that I would stop. My actions spoke louder than my words this time. This is what you need to show to your husband now...action.

Do you have a plan to start being AF? This is the best way to show some action to your husband.

I am here for you. You can send me a PM (private message) any time. Hang in there.

Comment

no i dont know how to show him any ideas , thanks so much for your support

Comment

Dorri, maybe you could write out things you want to achieve by being AF? Write a list of why you want to stop drinking and ways to go about doing that. Also, write out a list of things that make you unhappy and the solutions you would like to see to be happy. Sometimes seeing things written out helps us to stick to the plan. :l

Comment

Working...
                      X