Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bird

Ladybird,

I tapered off for about a week before I stopped. Just get your mind set and know that you can do this!
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

New Bird

Welcome Ladybird!
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

New Bird

Hi Ladybird! Welcome! I'm new to the site too...almost a week. I had the same experience of bursting into tears when I first started posting...I think it's the breaking through from isolation. I'm trying to wean down too and the go AF...waiting for supplements and CDs to get some other supports in place. Maybe I'll join you on or before 5/15 for AF?!
        Congrats on the cutting down...I know it's not easy!!! Sure feels better the next day though! (or so I'm finding out )

Comment

New Bird

Welcome LBH . . .

:welcome: LBH and Beginning,

You have come to the right place. Prior to finding this forum it had not occurred to me to track what I drank. I have learned so much from the good people here at MWO.

Like the others have said keep coming back as often as you possible can, you will find the inspiration and incentive you need to stay strong in this fight against AL.

(these are literal seedlings but I shall attempt to attend to things you have planted as well!). LOVE THIS COMMENT . . .

The seeds that grow in our hearts are truly our friends ~ just popped into my head.

God Bless . . .

Comment

New Bird

Thank you dear Blue Sky for the invitation to the 4 day group. I fear that since I have not had even one day as yet, I had better think small this week. You are right Greeneyes, the Toolbox is something I shall go back to again and I love the success you are having. I read from it (sober) last night during one of the three hours I would normally be drinking. Thank you for the conveying your success regarding tapering, Lilmea. It sort of fits in with my obsessive ways of doing things that have served me well (most of the time) in other areas. If I can?t do it, it will be time for plan B. It is great to have another newcomer to post with, Beginning. I am attempting to be positive but it feels more like jumping into an abyss than a ?swimming pool?. I know that most if not all of my daily anxiety is caused by the amount of alcohol that I drink in the evenings, and I really want to enter a time when I can be level and clear. Thank you Lavande, I find your posts consistently sensible and supportive to newcomers.

With fond regard,

LBH.
            may we be well

Comment

New Bird

LBH, that is one of the sweetest posts ever!! WELCOME!

For me, being "aware" of when I was drinking, why I was drinking was a very important step for me.
              Someone taught me the H.A.L.T. rule a while ago, which I still apply when I am craving a drink.
              H - Hungry
              A - Angry
              L - Lonely
              T - Tired

Sending you courage and strength to do 1 day AF!
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

New Bird

Welcome LadyBird!

:welcome:

Hi LadyBird! First day to post for me too!! It sounds as though your heart is in a good place and that you already are focused ......although I know all too well how someone with good intentions can stray from the well intentioned path. But no fear....I, too, have lurked around this website, concerned for all the others......and what kindness there is amongst all of these wonderful people on paths of their own.

So, well done for tapering down. Hope it works for you. It's probably the "healthiest" way to do it if you haven't consulted a doctor. (Although I am FAR from an expert).

Welcome again........hope that you keep us posted on your journey. :h

Comment

New Bird

Thank you DeeBee for ?H.A.L.T?. Tidy and easy to remember, a definite keeper. And thank you, ExPatBrat for the reminder of ?good intentions?. It really resonated as the part of my character that has them is often not the same part who has to pull them off. You people are very smart.
                  may we be well

Comment

New Bird

Welcome Ladybird, it's nice to have you here. I admire your openness.
                    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

New Bird

Welcome Ladybird jump on board.:welcome:
                      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

New Bird

Welcome, glad you are here. You will figure out a plan that works best for you....just keep trying until you are a success....
                        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

New Bird

How Odd

How odd. I am failing at my stepping down plan. Not because I am exceeding my quota for the evening yet but because I am behind. As yet the idea of drinking seems just ?off? so I am sitting here stone sober typing a message to you. I have wanted to back off gradually because of the amount I usually drink and a desire to avoid serious acute withdrawal. I am still thinking this is very important; I am not into involving ?the doctor? unless it is an emergency so I want to avoid one. In the meantime, it seems that the MWO program is having a neuropsychological and metabolic effect that is making a big difference. I am a bit afraid of optimism but there is a little smile. Thank you Polaryzed for the "seeds in hearts" and to Beaches, SKendall, and brittzak for your welcome. I remain moved by this whole thing. Off to tend the garden and cook dinner.
                          may we be well

Comment

New Bird

As it turns out my plans don?t mean much. I have no idea what I am doing. I?ll check back in when I do. Wish I could have known you better. LBH
                            may we be well

Comment

New Bird

LBH, it is a journey.... don't be put out if you don't get it right the first time..... just never give up trying.
                              YOU CAN DO IT!
                              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

New Bird

Hey!! Welcome!
                                I know what you mean about being worried when people disappear and how we find ourselfs feeling a mixture of feelings towards the people here whether it be, happiness for them, sadness even excitment.

I'm glad you've decided to join us. Keep posting! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X