Going to detox (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to detox (again)

For the 2nd time (among my peers last time I was there, I was considered a lightweight, but that's beside the point.) I dread it more than you know. Last time there was non-stop boredom punctuated by spells of drama from the more advanced users, bless their hearts. If there's two things I hate in real life, it's boredom and drama. I prefer a nice even medium, but that's just me.

Anyway, I found this forum while I was googling Campral rx prices..since I'm on Medicare and don't think I'll be covered (as in paying full rippin retail) I was researching some ..not-so-domestic pharmacies' prices. So far, I've found 90 pills for around $58 plus $10 shipping...if anyone knows of a better deal, holler at me!

I'm so glad I found this forum..just now..at 3 in the morning and I'll admit I'm drunk right about now. I don't want to live like this and my liver is sending me hate mail.

Good news is I've been "pre-admitted" to the clinic and they'll have empty beds either Mon. or Tue. And when they call me, I'm there.

Going to detox (again)

Welcome Chris
    Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
    April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
    wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
    wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
    wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
    wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
    wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
    wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
    http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Going to detox (again)

Hi Chris,

Good luck in rehab. Can you take something to alleviate the boredom - a stack of books? (That would be my choice).
      There's a meds thread here where you might find an answer to the Campral question.

:welcome:
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Going to detox (again)

Welcome Chris . . .

:welcome: It's good that you would be considered a lightweight. Hopefully it will make the transition of evoking change easier for you.

Keep coming here as often as you can. Do you have access to a computer at the centre you are going into?

Like what Marshy said read lots of books, and keep as busy as possible, it helps immensely.

The Best of the Best to you Chris . . . YOU CAN DO IT!

God Bless . . .

Comment

Going to detox (again)

Welcome Chris, I will PM you a link and you can check their prices. Have you tried Baclofen ??? I am a big fan of it myself. It's cheap and works well for me with no side effects.
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Going to detox (again)

We will be here for you when you come out x You can do it!

Comment

Going to detox (again)

:new::new:

Hi Chris!! I'm new here....first time posting. Just wanted to say Good Luck in rehab!! I have considered it many times over the past 2-3 years, but for whatever reason.....family, etc, have not gotten serious about it. Please keep us posted on your progress....or if that is not possible, please let us know when you return home. Be strong....so you can live long!! (Oh, what a poet I am!) :H

Comment

Working...
              X