Going to need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to need some help

:new: I have purchased the book My Way Out several months ago. As most alcoholics we try to rationalize our drinking habit. I need to unwind at the end of the day. One or two glasses of wine won't hurt me. We all need a release. I'm sure you all have heard them over and over. I have decided today that i would be alcohol free. Easy to say this early in the morning. As the day goes on.... I will start to rationalize a reason to have just 1 glass of wine. Yeah right!! Please help me be strong

Going to need some help

I can tell you I know how your feeling. I just started and on day 3 and so far it's not been as bad as I thought. I just have to keep busy after work to avoid the temptation. You can do it Just find anything to do. I do have to take something to help me sleep right now. I'm fine until the evening and that's when I come to my laptop or walk to stay busy. I 'm happy to have this site and reading with everyones honesty does help me to be strong. I'm very grateful I found this place.
    Stay strong.

Comment

Going to need some help

Hey Living - I learned (!!!) that I just cannot have wine/booze in house. I don't know how much you have on hand (and I Never suggest pouring out!), but if only a bottle or so, how about giving it to friend? Maybe someone who did you a favor or something...?

It's easier justifying a glass of wine when it's There than it is buying more...

I like drinking either Minute Maid or Tropicana Lemonade. It's non-fizzy and not too sweet, kinda tart. I put in glass that I usually use for booze... so it kind of makes me feel better!!

Good luck & Welcome!!
      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Going to need some help

hi good welcom you said it rationalise ? when were so numb can we ! this is a great site the longer your here the more you get it,have a wonderful day gycco

Comment

Going to need some help

[QUOTE=living good;601242.....As the day goes on.... I will start to rationalize a reason to have just 1 glass of wine.........
          Hi living good and welcome! You mention the MWO book - are you incorporating the supplements or CD's or medications into your program? I also find the diet and exercise recommendations helpful.

The "just one" rationalization is very interesting. I figured out after a relapse in 2007 that was over "just one" (and that relapse lasted about 8 months) that I cannot have just one.

A few days ago, the "just one" subject came up in an AA meeting I was attending, and I thought about it a new way. Did I EVER drink just one??? My husband is a "normal" drinker and he generally opts to have no drinks in social situations. But the next most common number of drinks he will have is ONE. I can't remember a single occassion in over 30 years of drinking where I actually only had one drink. One always led to many. Always. Even back when I was 17 and I'm now 51. So it's downright stupid for me to ever entertain that "just one" fantasy!!

Anyway...sorry for rambling on. Welcome and strength to you as you work to beat the beast.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Going to need some help

Hi Living Good and :welcome: ! Reading the book is a great source for strength. Keep coming here to read and post for encouragement and a lot of inspiration. Do you have other items that can occupy you when you start rationalizing one drink? Talking a walk, having some tea or a hot bath?

You can do this! Have a great AF day!

Comment

Going to need some help

Welcome, living good. One is never enough, it's just the starter to a long night. You will read and see that many of us here know that from experience. Read and post, you will get lots of help here.

wf

Comment

Going to need some help

I can't even tell you how many times I've thrown out wine!!! I too have learned that I can't have certain things in the house. An expensive lesson, to be sure.....:sigh:

Comment

Going to need some help

I am new also. Please listen to these folks and those that follow. We all have things done or lefrt undone in association with alcohol.
                  may we be well

Comment

Going to need some help

Hi Winefree
                    I've been trying to reply as to where I live-outside of Lewiston. So far-so good AF10 days. I'm so glad your all out there for us.

Comment

Working...
                    X