first timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first timer

Hi North and :welcome:! Glad you found MWO. You will find so much support here!

Hi bdd, I hope I have said hi before, but if not a big :welcome: to you too.

BigL, glad to meet you and :welcome: from a fellow Oregonian.

I hope to get to know you all!

Comment

first timer

Thanks for the replies.

Boss.man and bdd, thank you for the replies. I do plan to stay with this site and start to form the new habits necessary to become AF. Today it is only a dream but it is something I really want to accomplish. I know I can't do it alone, so it's great to find the support that is offered here.
      I hope everyone has a great day!

Comment

first timer

Hi Northwards and all, fellow newbie here.

You said you were looking for life rings and wanting to turn the AF dream into a reality so thought I'd make a suggestion. I know not everyone is into analyzing their dreams so this may not be your cup of tea, but I have noticed that during the years and years I've spent abusing alcohol I constantly had dreams (nightmares really) about being drunk and the damage it causes me. Since committing to being AF for the first time in years I've been having the most amazing positive dreams - flying dreams and dreams about success etc. I'm not what I would call religious at all but I do believe we are spiritual beings and can receive guidance through means such as dreams. If that's too hippie it could be thought of as our subconscious trying to tell us what we really want and are capable of bringing about.

But as I said, if it's not your kind of thing just ignore me but please accept huge amounts of encouragement and love I am sending your way.....

Boo :l:l

Comment

first timer

Hi Boo Boo, interesting thought. I have had dreams in the past that have had an impact on my feelings for days after. So maybe if I can have a few days AF, I could test your theory.
          Thanks, northwoods

Comment

first timer

Hi Northwoods,

I'm new here myself :welcome:
            Keep on keeping on!

Comment

first timer

Hi to everyone! Just a fly by :welcome:...
              Got to get ready for work... Whaa!

Found ya Big L! So glad to see ya here!:l

Gotta run for now.
              Have a great night everybody.

Hugs, Judie
              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

first timer

I'm brand new and scared

long story short---mom passed away in Jan after a long illness for a bout 5 years

I know I am drinking too much and I'm really not even enjoying it that is why it is a good time to make a change I have not had a drink since thursday night and don't plan to for a while How will I feel physically in the next couple of days.

am fiftysomething and have grown son live a lone and am aan acountant with a stressful job.

I lloking for helpful :new:suggestions to overcome everthing i've been thru with mom

Comment

first timer

Sandybeach,
                  My heart goes out to you...:h
                  I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. I can't even imagine what you're going thru.

Keep reading & posting. Do you have RJ's book yet? It's full of good info, & is a quik, enjoyable read...

Try and drink lots of water, tea, juice, etc... stay hydrated, and try to keep yourself busy... The first few days can be the tuffest, but you'll start feeling better soon.

I'm a huge fan of L-Glutamine, I get the powdered form @ the health food store. It really helps with cravings.

:welcome:Northwoods & FantasyHair too!
                  :l
                  Judie
                  The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

first timer

Checking?

Hello to all. I have been looking at the post most everyday and I am surprised that there are none for three days. Including me. What happens when Monday comes? Everyone gets so envolved with life there is no time for blogging? Just curious. I hope all are doing a better job with being AF than I am. I'm trying and have cut back quite a bit, but I haven't been capable of none! I plan to keep working on it. I know from here on it is a life quest.
                    northwoods

Comment

first timer

Hello Sandy and North,

You have taken the first steps to finding the solution to your quests. Whatever route you choose, the first step of wanting to be AF is the most difficult. I found that whatever problems I was encountering, AL was there for the coping. At least that is what I thought.

AL only made it worse in the end, because I was not able to think clearly enough to see all the choices available for the solution to the problem. I was able to think about the next drink much better than finding a solution to the problems.

I am now day 7 AF and I did not think when I found MYO that I could go that long without the sauce. But I come here regularly for all the support I find here. Keep posting, reading, and the time will come that the answer for you will be found.

:welcome::goodjob:

Com1
                      Com1

Comment

first timer

Where are you on the MWO Program?

Hi Northwoods! Welcome.

Where are you on the My Way Out program? I'm a program-oriented, results-oriented kind of guy. Have you downloaded Rebbecca Jewett's book, My Way Out? Have you read it? It is the best $12.95 I ever spent. It gave me hope that I could also find my way out from alcohol.

I'm also a coward. I know from experience that I could not do this cold turkey. So the program of prescription pharmaceuticals, supplements, Hypnotic Learning CDs, Community Support, and Exercise/Diet makes sense to me.

I did extensive on-line research of prescription pharmaceuticals before choosing the My Way Out Program using Topomax (topiramate). The other drugs had more side effects or downsides than topo. I suggest that you do the same research.

You'll find the MWO Community non-judgmental and fully supportive. KIT

MWO Program Week 6, 17 Days AF
                        :new: ceprise

Comment

Working...
                        X