Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF April 27

Good Morning Ladies,

I hope everyone had a good last April week end. The weather was so nice here. I spent as much time as I could outside.

Okay, gang, we're going into the last week of April. So lets stay strong and stay positive!

Evryone have a great Monday!
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

AF April 27

My goodness, Lil! You certainly are burning the midnight oil! What's the matter! Did Mr. Sandman forget to stop by your house lastnight? Geesh! Poor thing.

Yes, it's Monday and let's all give it up for waking up without a hang-over on a Monday Morning! Woo-hoo!
    :rockband::waving:

Pnut, glad to see you check in yesterday! You rock!
    Oh, what fun!!!! My left foot is very sore!!! And in two weeks, I have to hike twice that distance. I'm starting to question my sanity
    Pnutty one, I've been questioning your sanity for a long time!:H But I love ya' anyhow!

SD, I think you talked about a shopping day disappointment over in the Newbies Nest yesterday? I just wanted to let you know, it's OK. That happens. But just remember, you lived to shop another day! You may have lost a battle, but you haven't lost the war!:H That's happened to me more than a few timew with Mr. Vino! (chardonnay, to be more specific).

Chops, did you watch any of the NFL draft? I was outside most of the weekend (or on MWO) and didn't see any of it. It was on the TV at the steakhouse we were at yesterday, but the sound was down. Hb and I went to visit family and had lunch. We talked about football and how much we love NFL season. My nephew bemoaned the fact that he can't watch it anymore because his girlfriend doesn't like it. They live together and the TV is a shared activity. So, I invited him to our house anytime he wants to watch, especially Browns games!

Hi everyone else that stops by! Let's have an AF Monday together!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

AF April 27

Hi Ladies!!
      One week left!!!!:yay::yay: But then what :anyone: I'll take any advice! My therapist guy said not to put any expectations on myself about the May 1st...and just see how I feel....make the decision ODAT! It doesn't need to be made right now.

Not sure what the weather was like in SD but here in the Denver area it was pretty chilly...wish I would have packed warmer clothes...or at least BOUGHT SOMETHING :H
      I'll check back this evening!!
      Have a great Monday...we'll be flyin the friendly skies!!
      SD:l
      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
      7/29/12

Comment

AF April 27

Good Morning Ladies!!!

It is the last week and we all will stay strong

SD, have a safe flight home.

Lil, did you get any sleep last night?

Dill, no I actually didn't watch any of the NFL draft. This is very unusual for me. I have been to preoccupied with the NBA finals and watching the Blazers self-destruct :upset:
        I will have to check and see, dare I say it, who the STEELERS picked My entire family are Browns fans (I am originally from PA) and I decided to be a Steelers fan. Good for you taking care of your nephew. I couldn't imagine living with someone who didn't watch NFL. That is true love :h

Hi Sweaty. Hope all is well for you.

Have a great AF day! :l

Comment

AF April 27

Hey gang
          Day 4 on the countdown to 30 days!!!! Yes - this makes me very happy that we have done this, and we've stuck together through April.

SD - I know what you mean about "what next?" We'll have to take it ODAT I'm sure. I am planning Modster May for myself, as there are a couple occasions (running) that I really would like a cold, re-hydrating beer afterwards. But mostly AF for May so I can keep moving.

I tell ya - I'm getting tired! My walk in this morning was not any slower - thank the heavens for that - but it sure felt like it!!! And agreed, Dill - I think I did lose my sanity quite a while back, when i agreed to do this crazy race this summer!!! I'll probably cripple myself in the process! ha!!! I shall visual myself going for a mountain hike the day after the race - not terribly realistic, but better than seeing myself in a wheelchair!!!!

Hi to Lilmea and Chopper too - enjoy your NBA!!! Fortunately, my BF is not into watching any sports on TV, as I am not into it either. One less thing to worry about disagreeing about!!!
          Everybody - let stay pumped and positive this week!!
          xoxo peanut

Comment

AF April 27

Hi everyone....

Loving the feeling of a AF weekend this beautiful Monday!!!!

Can't believe April is almost over but I'm glad it is, bring on May I'm ready for it!

Chopper- I usually watch the first round pics...but my son had a baseball game, then we had a party ...it was way to nice to stay in and watch tv...plus I am too interested in the Rangers right now...they're hangin' by a thread!!!!!
            :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

AF April 27

lil,dill & chop & everyone 1st of May, me 1st day of me program, my friend texted me today to say "can I come to stay on Friday? I said yes course but I wont be drinking (she likes a drink) told her its me first day of program & new life.

She said "would you rather I dont drink?" I said no its not a prob course you can drink. Am I leading myself to failure? Its me first day am I just making it super duper hard for myself?

& I wanted to ask, after the 12 weeks can you wean yourself off topa by doing RJ's schedule backwards?

Comment

AF April 27

Jamms x are they Pinks Lyrics?

Comment

AF April 27

Hi Angie! Hope you had a great weekend! I don't have any experience with the Topa so I can't help you there.

As for having your friend drinking around you on your first night, it becomes a matter of what you are comfortable with. However, IMHO, I would not have her drinking. It may be too much of a temptation for you on your first day. I know if would be extremely difficult for me.

Hope that helps!

Comment

AF April 27

I think maybe I should put her off for a week, xxxx I totally planned for this week end for healing xxxx I am so soft with everyone x me kids x me workmates x me friends x me mother x

Comment

AF April 27

thank u chops for your good advice x I am going to be strong more with other pokes & maybe stop dancing for other people x x x x x

Comment

AF April 27

Angie, sounds like a good plan. Putting your friend off for a week is ok. You need to heal and put yourself first this time

Comment

AF April 27

angie, I totally agree with Chops on this one!

Jamms, good to see you! Well done on an AF weekend!

Pnut, it sounds like you have a plan in place for May. Good for you!

SD, That is the BIG QUESTION! What next? Of course the only one that can decide that is you. Just like it was you who decided to do an AF April. Me, I don't want to lose any of the hard-earned ground I have gained these past few weeks. And yet, I like those before me, wonder if I can mod. I have read so many posts....so many that say that one drink will lead you right back where you started from. If not immediately, then very soon....so many posts that say that said they 'thought' they could mod, but they were just as bad if not worse than when they first started, in very short order....so many posts that you would think I would just learn from the experiences of others. After all, I'm probably no different than most. Yet, here I sit, like you, asking, "What next?"
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

AF April 27

Dill-
                            I know what you mean...always in the back of your mind you wonder...BUT would it be the same for me...BUT would I have the strength to have just one or two. Or do you start making rules for yourself...only if you 'go out" or 'special occasions' or you don't keep it in the house...or never two nights in a row.....etc....((sigh))
                            My mom confused me this weekend asking me what the big deal was??? Why I was so worried about May 1st?? Almost like...just have a drink with us already...or are you afraid you'll just want more and more and more--(then this evening put two bottles of wine in my car when I went inside to grab a cooler for the baseball game)??? I know she's happy and supportive of me...I just don't get THIS?? I'm sure she was just trying to be nice and probably just doesn't understand it all exactly...I won't read to much into it!
                            I guess the truth is...I know how good I feel NOW...WHAT IF trying to mod throws your head and body back to the starting point again??? I don't want to give up "this" for nothing!! I don't want to back to feeling like "that"...even though my brain tells me I miss the "feeling" of AL...am I making any sense at all???? Perhaps I'm suffering jet lag:H
                            I better hit the hay!!
                            SD:l
                            "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                            7/29/12

Comment

AF April 27

Doh!

This thread must have started whilst I was away in Dubai - and I've only just realised that you're all having an AF APRIL! I feel so stupid....., but Go girls! (I think you are all female?).

Bx
                              Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X