Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Tuesday, April 28

Hi & Good Morning all ODATers!

I was thinking about not posting until I had a week or more of AF days.

Someone very wise from site told me that was kind of defeating the purpose. So, here I am in all my (non) Glory!

I had it worked out (in my mind!) that I could drink yesterday AND get things done. I drank & got nothing done.

Worst part is that I returned a call I got from my brother (who Rarely calls me!). It was later that evening, and I felt like I was sober by that point. But he wanted to get me off the phone... so I think he could tell. The last time I spoke to him before that, I was drinking.

(But, honestly, does he have a Camera in my place that shows him when I've been drinking? On the other hand, the odds have been good that I have...)

So here I am - Day 1. Cannot mod. Cannot drink. Do not want to drink. (I know that's easy to say on Day 1...)

I pray that I have learned an important lesson, because otherwise yesterday truly was a complete ruin.

And I hope that others can learn from my mistakes, as well.

It SO isn't worth it. :upset:

PS - When I've chosen to drink, I thought myself quite clever because I would buy "only" a pint so I couldn't drink too much. Guess what? A PINT is WAY too much!!! Who was I fooling..?
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

ODAT - Tuesday, April 28

Hi Savvy

Great Minds think alike!! I can't seem to delete mine either so we'll have a Double Up Tuesday - great to hear from you again - keep battling

Luv Bx

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday, April 28

I do the same things Savvy. I think I can have a few beers and get all kinds of stuff done, but I end up sitting in front of the TV. When I do drink hard liquor, I do the same thing. I'll only buy a pint. And...you are right, a pint is too much. I cannot Mod either. I don't even know if today will be day one as I am going to the beach with one of my girlfriends and I'm thinking she might want to have a few. Hopefully, she won't. She is in a relapse too, but is seeing her therapist this morning, so maybe she won't want to drink. I am too weak right now.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday, April 28

Savvy, seems we are on the same pattern. Lets choose to break the pattern. No drinking today!!!
        I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday, April 28

Sea...what happened to your sponsor?

Savy, Keep trying. You had a few good days last week. Take strength from them. How's your Dad doing? What do you drink a pint of?!!!!

Hi Mad Mummy, school collection time coming around all tooo quickly today.

Keep Strong everyone
          If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday, April 28

Hey Blue - I buy pint of Canadian whiskey & mix w/coke. Think I should change that to "USED to buy"!!

Thanks for asking about my Dad. It is difficult for him - he keeps trying to take off sling... And he has to keep on 24/7 for 4-6 wks. Not good. Just have to take it day-by-day...
            Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday, April 28

Hi guys,

I am back on the topa and am finding that is working well for me. I had to cut my grass yesterday and came in and was thirsty and had one beer - ONE beer!!!! and that was all I wanted.

I find that low doses of the topa work really well for me, problem is I HAVE to take it every day or it does nothing.

Anyway, today I fully intend to be AF. I have no need or desire to drink. I am tired. I leave for a weeks vacation on Saturday, I am really looking forward to that, god do I need this vacation!

Hope everyone has a great day,

love and hugs,
              Uni
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday, April 28

ODATERS!!!!

Running in for lunch and stopping to say Hi.

Traffic court this AM. Sitting on the court pew thinking how grateful I am to just be paying a fine because a year ago I probably would have gotten a DUI along with the speeding ticket. It's nice to be able to do anything anytime.

Be good to your innards.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday, April 28

Hi Savy

:H Somehow I didn't think you were refering to a pint of beer!!!!

In UK only thing sold in pints is beer and cider in the pubs (bars), thanks to European Legislation everything else is in litres and millilitres.
                  If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

Working...
                  X