Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's hard to think of a suitable title...so I suppose this will have to do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantasy. I am so glad to hear you are on day 5. I am also and it is good to see you moving forward. My best thoughts are with you.
    may we be well

Comment

Thanks ladybird,

I've managed to get to day 6 without to much bother.
      went for a run this morning and then played football wuth my son for an hour this evening.
      Final score 35 - 20.

Watching Man Utd stuff Arsenal at the minute, without a beer...fantastic stuff.

Have a nice one everyone!
      Keep on keeping on!

Comment

So that's a week down and on to day eight.

I'm feeling so tired it's untrue, but I'm trying to make myself get on with it.
        Tres difficile.

We're going to a school play tonight...my son with the lead role :goodjob:
        So there is very little presure to drink, there'll be alcohol served but I don't think it's going to be difficult.

As you can probably gather from my other posts, football plays a large part in my life, so I've got another tricky weekend.
        My team is playing in a very, very big match...I'd normaly drink before, during and after. Either to celebrate or drown my sorrows.

Have a nice day everyone. :l
        Keep on keeping on!

Comment

hi fantasy,your doing quite well,just keep getting on the NO TRAIN, and youll be fine,your energy will return,some say time heals all,youve got a good healer,here ,gyco

Comment

I think this is day ten.

Sorry for only posting on this thread, I'm a bit short of time at the moment but just wanted to post that I'm still on the plan.

School play had no alcohol so was even easier then I first thought it would be...my son is a star.

The big game is over and still no booze.

Have a cracking Saturday :l
            Keep on keeping on!

Comment

Wow, Fantasy!

Great work! I'm with you, but a couple days behind. Day 6 for me. You are doing a wonderful job. keep up the good work!:goodjob:

Comment

Fantasy, Mica, GOOD FOR YOU !!!
                Fantasy, isnt it wonderful to find we do actually ENJOY things sober?
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

FINALLY MADE UP MY MIND!

:new:HI FANTASY HAIRCUT ! LOVE YOUR POST
                  I feel so like that too!
                  I've finally had enough of drinking away my weekends......wasting my life.
                  Every Monday is the same I say to myself this is it....I am going to be fit and healthy and slimmer...and every Friday comes (well usually starts Wednesday or Thursday).and I think what the hell I want a drink, then all my good intentions go flying out the window.
                  I used to have a great figure, and all I see now is a disgusting flabby belly, that hangs over my jeans, and a bloated face. I've always drank, and got away with the weight side of things, but now as I am getting older, the weight is creeping on, well it has for the last 4 years, I've just been dillusional...thinking I could get back my shape anytime, and always thinking....just one more drink.
                  The fact of not drinking scares me too death....how stupid is that? We rely on drink so much for social purposes...how can I go a weekend without having a good old drink???
                  My day has been a total wipeout (apart from registering on this site), as i sit typing this it is 4.45 in the afternoon, and I've done nothing all day,but stuff my face with carbs! cos my head bangs, and I feel totally sick...all because of the great party we had last night...great at the time...but not now....can't even remeber getting home.
                  When will I ever grow up for gods sake....I have 3 children...I've done my partying and wild things....but I'm not ready to hang up my hat yet...I still want to have loads of fun....how do you have fun at parties without drinking....I need to find the answer...cos there is nothing worse...I imagine than seeing a 41 year old women p****sed out her face staggering around? HELP.. lease:
                  P.S I've used the name FAB ABS as my screen name....cos I'm want them back!!

Comment

Hi Fab, nice name! You will get them back I am sure!!
                    I know how you feel, the hangovers, the wasted days, the regrets. Really not worth it.
                    Anyway a huge welcome to you.
                    Why dont you join a daily thread. The Next Day Thread starts up each day in General and has loads of peeps on your timezone and they are all great and a good laugh too!
                    See you soon.
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Today is my first day of quitting. I aam taking medicine but am afraid of withdrawal. What do I need to look for when detoxing myself?

Comment

Welcome Fantasy glad you found us.

Alive to answer your question here is some info MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Alcohol withdrawal
                        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Alive, I am afraid too. My last withdrawals have been very, very scary--I didn't seek medical help, but came close. At one point I felt close to losing consciousness. When I took the withdrawal symptom assessment, my score wasn't that high, but my specific symptoms were frightening.

I won't be able to sleep tonight. But I swear to god this is the last time I am going through this! If I die, I die, but I am NOT going to drink again!
                          I can't drink and pretend to be sane. I can't drink and pretend to be moral. I can't drink and continue to live.

Comment

I will be here for you. I feel like I need a drink. I am temted to have one.

Comment

Don't do it! Then you just have to start all over!!
                              I can't drink and pretend to be sane. I can't drink and pretend to be moral. I can't drink and continue to live.

Comment

Well, I didn't die, so must now make plans to live!

Comment

Working...
                                X