Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G'day G'day

Hey everyone,

This is about my third time visiting this site over the past couple of years and this time things are going to be different. Previously I have stopped and started drinking again. I got a massive wake up call last week to the point where I got so drunk that I woke up remembering nothing (not unusual) but had bruising all down my legs and ribs - don't even remember falling down. My husband told me that he was done and to take off my wedding rings and he couldn't trust me with the kids because he was scared I would get drunk. Scary thing is - I think he is right.

So, I am now on AF day 4 and feeling very optimistic - as well as physically sooooooooo much better. I am seeing a psychologist weekly and told her how much I really drink (never done that before) am on this site 3 x day, taking Kudzu, have ordered a book called Getting sober and Seredyn for anxiety online (hopefully will come soon) and have seen so many amazing positive changes in my body and mind it is crazy.

Anyway, I thought I would post because this seems to be one of the biggest supports for me and has helped me no end through the past four days. It is a great community and I plan on being completely AF as I know now that I can't moderate - at least not now and maybe never.
    thanks for listening and talk soon.
    Luba
    AF since 26 August 2009- and loving it!!

G'day G'day

G'day again Luba!

I won't have met you before Luba but :welcome:back. I hope you find the help and support that you need from MWO this time. Well done for coming back and knowing what you need to do this way round.

Blimey - what a wake up call as you say, yikes! Ouch! OMG! :shocked:

Well done on AF4. What are you aiming for? Have you got a plan? I'm sure having had experience at this before you'll have a plan and this time, like you say, you'll make it work. You've got too much to loose. :goodluck:

ps fancy swopping where you live for where I do - "up north of england?!?!?" :giggle: !!!!!

Keep us posted on your progress! xxx

Comment

G'day G'day

Hey Luba totally understand the waking up and finding the injuries x understand my partner falling out with me and I cant remember a thing about why we fell out xxxxx I am going onto Roberta Jewels program on Fri x he doesnt want me to go AF coz he doesnt think he will like me AF x this is when I find out about me relationship x

WELL DONE DOING 4 DAYS!!!!!!!!!

I think I need to be AF (same as you) he keeps saying "you just need to cut down" I think I need to quit it completely xxxx He has to live with me tho x

Comment

G'day G'day

Hi AngieUK!

Just as a matter of interest ....... did "he" meet you sober or when p*ssed?! - just wondering?

Comment

G'day G'day

:welcome: Luba! It's nice to meet you and well done on 4 days AF!!! :goodjob: Keep reading and posting. It's a great place to start

Comment

G'day G'day

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv:
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

G'day G'day

Welcome Luba

Sounds like you really did have your wake up call - listen to it! I listened to mine and am now happily 5 weeks AF.
              It's not easy but it is doable. Make yourself a good, solid plan and stick to it - you won't be sorry.
              Congrats on your 4 AF days, that's a great start!!

All the best,
              Lavande
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
              X