Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Monday...

Hello ODATers!

Well, will wonders never cease! Today is Day 7 (or should I say 1 Week!!)... Haven't done that in a long time.

Even tho' I'm sorta proud of this, I haven't had any emotional traumas or been in any drinking situations this past week. I've really only been tested about not buying any... And not buying any resulted in me not drinking.

When I look back, I only had 2 Really strong urges - the other ones were more like passing thoughts.

I Still can't think of Never drinking. I'm not sure if that's a bad sign...

Maybe I'll make my next goal another week. ONE day at a time, of course. I could fall at any minute. It's like hanging on edge of cliff and a strong breeze could push me over. ACK.

Sooo, When does the part of "my life changing for the better" part happen?? Sure, I haven't had a hangover - but I very rarely do... OK, I guess I'll have to settle for the fact that I'm in the process of Healing my poor brain! A slow process...

Thanks, again, all of you (you Know who you are!) for all your encouragement. I know for a FACT that I wouldn't be close to "here" w/out you bunch.

BIG hug! :armsaround:

(PS - A thought that's been running around my head for quite some time: Alcohol does a good job of making you forget the bad times, BUT it also makes you forget the Good times... It doesn't pick & choose!)
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

ODAT - Monday...

So happy for you Savvy
    You made my day!!!
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

Way to go Savon, you know how proud your neighbor (literally) is of you!

Just until a couple of days ago, did the word "recovery" inter into my vocabulary. I started using it after reading an awesome article that really hit home (posted in here).

When you think of the word recovery, if you picture someone with a broken arm, or a broken leg, they need time to heal. We have broken brains, and bad habits, and things we need to change to rid ourselves of the things that cause our self destruction. For me, it keeps me stuck in the same pattern, like a broken record going round and round. No room for growth there. I think we are all learning some very important lessons and growing now.. Its a process.

Happy Monday everyone!!
      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT - Monday...

Hey Neighbor!

I like that metaphor. Very right on. If we had broken arm, we would Know it wouldn't heal overnight! And our brains are very complex in comparison... Many little do-dads (lol) to get straightened out!!

And each time we drink, we UNDO all that fixing going on...

That broken record thing gets really annoying, doesn't it? But I can see you've been learning a lot, just in the short time I've known you.

PS - I set quit smoking date for Wed. And I'm more scared about that than the quitting drinking thing!! But I'm literally SICK to my stomach shelling out that dough every day. And FL legislature just passed another bill increasing by Another dollar!! I MUST QUIT.
        Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Working...
        X