trying again - your help is appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, this is the 4th time in 2 years that I am going to try and go AF.
    Some of you may remember last year when I was able to go over 100 days AF. An d I felt great. Well now I feel guilty, depressed and overall ashamed that i have allowed myself to get back to this shape. I luckily have a great wife who supports me in everything, but since she has not struggled with this I wanted to reach out to those that know the battle. i tried moderation, meds, and have come to realize that I need to quit permanently. So today will be day 1, and i will not concentrate on any other day besides today. Cheers!!

Welcome Back
    You have done it before and can do it again.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Good to see you Try!
      Enjoy your day one!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Gotta try, your name says it all. Thats what everyone on here it doing, trying their best.

Read lots of posts, post alot of your own, MWO is a great place full of support and tools to help you in your journey. We are all in the same boat. Some just starting to paddle and others already achieved their goals to help the others along the way.

Welcome back and best of luck to you!
        I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Nice to meet you gottatry!

I'm just about 6 weeks AF now and am so happy. I will do anything to keep this feeling going. For me, that means staying tuned in here. I check in as many times/day as necessary when I need a little boost of support. I highly recommend it

Best of luck to you!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Stay close, post daily and be committed to your goals - YOU CAN DO IT!!
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Like the Lamb to it's fold . . . Gottatry . . .

GREAT JOB ON THE 100 DAYS! MOST EXCELLENT!

It's wonderful to see new members and ppl. who return. Keeps us all busy doing other things besides drinking.

And speaking of other things, there is a wealth of things one can do to keep busy. A wealth of things.

This weekend I spent 2 1/2 days with 2 little people (my grandchildren). Ohh MyGosh was I busy, busy, busy. NO Time of course for My Favorite Things, like Painting, Gardening, Reading and Visiting MWO and the Cherished People here.

Nope, instead there was cooking, cleaning, distracting little peeps from their arguements over Cyber Toys or the Dog or the Bird or the Dora felt pens lol . . . They both like 'blue the best' and god forbid if it's anything other then Dora felt pens. Geez louise . . .

Of course the best part is the little hugs the wee ppl. have when they say I Love You Gramma!

But seriously Good to have You Aboard GT. :welcome: back . . .

Comment

Hey gottatry,

I've been in a similar place to you.

I'm with you.
                Keep on keeping on!

Comment

I'm with you too, Gottatry :welcome:

A decade or so of binge-drinking has evidenced I can't have one or two....only ever drank to get drunk anyway (if I'm honest) so what's the point in deluding myself I want one or two?

:goodjob:

Comment

Gotta - it's kind of a "sobering" moment when we realize we just can't MODerate...!!

I should ditto boo boo - HONESTLY ... when I drank, I wanted to get drunk. Sad, but true.

I think I fooled myself a bit because I could go meet a friend & have a couple drinks & stop (or buy some on the way home... EEEeeek.). Because I was/am so afraid of getting DUI... Now, if you think about that beyond a sec. or two... it's obvious that I didn't stop at the 1-2 because I Wanted to or that it was "enough"...

So I'm chugging along AF. Looking over my shoulder... I know so many people tell us how great it is to be AF. It's just something we have to experience for ourselves (being the obstinate people we are!)...

Good to see you here.
                    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

In the few days I have been on this site, I am always finding solace in the similar battles we are all facing.

Until I read this post, I had not realized that I really only drank to get drunk. Nothing sociable about drinking for me. Drink as much as I could and as fast as I could at this point in my life. Glad to be AF Day 6 for me. It has been years since I came even close to this.

I need to keep coming back as when I am here, I just feel stronger.

Com1:thanks:
                      Com1

Comment

WOOO hooo, Com!!

Hey - join the 7-day thread I just started. You'll only have 1 more day to be an "old timer"!! lol. I'm starting Day 1 of Wk. 2... I think going by the week (and Always ODAT!) is good way to go. 30 days seems too ominous to me at this point...
                        Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Good for you Com1!!!!

I'm sick of prejudiced shite..................

You know it's funny - one of my best friends is gay - she lives in Christchurch with her new partner - they are so fantastic!!

My friend reckons that God has a problem with her sexuality - despite the fact that she and her partner believe in love; show love, makes no sense to me

We (my partner and I) love them. We've been down to stay with them and it was bloody fantastic!!!!

Nighty- night,

Boo

Comment

thanks everyone, day 2 is almost under my cap!!!

Comment

Good job gottatry - keep going!
                              You will be so happy.............
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X