Re:Just saying hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone i'm so glad i found this site as i need all the suport and i can get. I have been a heavy drinker for most of my lateteen/adult life. My father was an alcohlic and he dies at aged 70 mostly from heavy drinking and smoking. It took me a few years to realise i was i had a problem with drinking but to cut a long story short i ended up on an alcohol education programe in Dublin where i live ( i'm Irish) and through that i went to my first AA meeting. I was AF for 5 months then relapsed. After that i trued a few times to get sober on my own but kept failing each time. So i went back to AA a week ago and today i'm 15 days AF. Its a struggle at times byt AA meetings help me and trusting in God though i'm not very religious i thank God for every day i'm sober. Its good to have peace of mind by not drinking an plannin g my next drink, its good to wake up without a hangover and havin to spend the day feeling ill and in bed till afternoon not being able to clean the house or get things done that need to be.

Alcohism is a lonely place to be. I would isolate myself when i was drinking and missed out on so much from drinking. I let friends and family down by missing events etc an di was so ashamed of my drinking. My family have been a great support to me an di told my older sister i'm back in AA and trying to stay sober. I will tell the rest of my family soon.
    Well thats just a brief introduction to my story. I just want to say hello to everyone and i wish you all the best on your journey to sobriaty. Lin.

Welcome Firefox!

:welcome:
    15 days - great achievement! You're doing great so far girl! Just keep doing what you're doing - one day at a time. Just look to tomorrow and then the day after that and the day after that. And if you do slip, don't beat yourself up. Don't think you've blown everything, you haven't. You've done great so far and you've done a great thing - you've proved you can do it.

Have a good look around - find where you're comfortable -post / reply / read / get to know us ..... it's a great site for support :l and, with a fellow DUB like ONEY - you'll be sure to succeed!

Welcome again! :lxxxxx

Comment

Welcome Firefox (love the name)!
      And a huge congrats on 15 days AF -- that is bloody marvellous.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

You can do it . . .

:welcome: Firefox . . .

As you said, "Alcoholism Is A Lonely Place to BE . . ."

Coincidentally, that is exactly how my Dad passed AL and smoking. I have prayed since the last time I saw him that I would not go down that same path. Then on January 28, 2009 I found this forum and these magnificant people. "In God's Time, Not Mine".

You too have found a Wonderfully, Compassionate and Inspirational place to be. Stay close Firefox and Excellent Job on the 5 months and 15 Days ALFREE!

Comment

:hello2::colorwelcome::groupluv::wave:
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Thank you everyone for your warm words and support. It is just one day at a time and keeping it simple. There are times i wanted a drink but i don't want to go there again to that dark place. I was at an AA meeting today and it does help to be in a room with people like yourself. I tried doing it on my own but didn't suceed so now i try and get to a few meetings a week

:new:

Comment

U Go Girl . . .

"It is just one day at a time and keeping it simple". Excellent words Fire . . . and a few meetings a week will definitely help.

Please let us know how you are doing and if we can help you in any way. :l

Comment

Welcome Firefox!! :welcome: My hubby is from Dublin and boy their beer is sure much stronger there!! Great work of 15 days AF!!!!

Comment

welcom, foxy one,you sound like a lot of us,15 days is good,congrats,this a great site,lots of drunks hahahha,but we no what were talking about, hehehehe,irish lots of drinkers over there,lots of drinkers everywhere,as far as telling everyone,promises suck for us,or me,then if trouble occurs,you no who s the fall person,guilt shame and all the other things that come with starting again,rather then telling them tht you stopped,tell them if they ask if you want to indulge say nopers ive had enuff gyco

Comment

Welcome!

So glad you found us! I've only been here for a few short weeks, but I love this place like home. Everyone is so supportive!

Keep up the good work. I'm only on Day 3 myself, and I know there are hard days coming.

:welcome:

Comment

Working...
                    X