Fresh Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh Start

Just wanted to say hello. This is not my story. It's a long introduction. I drank heavy a good part of my life, 96 through 02, sometimes starting by 1pm and ending at 2am. Mixing shots, wines and mixed drinks or drinking just drinking one of them all day and other days drinking all three. I've even dranked myself sober, plenty of times. I'm happy to say that, two beers or a single glass of wine will have me buzzed which is weird considering what I used to be able to down. And out of all of this, I've never really liked drinking, but I loved the way alcohol made me feel.

Every once in a while, I'll try to drink more than I should and I feel horrible and guilty for two days straight. I hate the feeling of guilt. I wonder where that feeling comes from when all I did was get drunk and stay at home, I didn't drive or do something silly like I used to.

I had a beer lastnight and the one before. Sometimes I go five days without drinking and I've even went 10. And what I laugh about this statement is that, that is just sad and pathetic that I haven't gone a month. But I want to, but I don't know if I want to bad enough. The little drinking that I do, a beer here, a beer there is surely not anything to complain about but my complaint is, why can't I go a month, two months, six or forever? Hum...

Ross

Fresh Start

Welcome Ross!!

I hated the guilt! It got so bad that I'd wake up at 3 in the morning remembering what I'd done or said the night before which would cause me to have an anxiety attack!
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Fresh Start

Welcome Ross!

I guess, when you really get down to it, you'll be able to go AF a month, 2 months, etc. when you are ready to make that commitment. When it's really important to you - you'll do it.

In the meantime, read the MWO book and start working on your plan. You know yourself best, you'll know when you are ready.

Best wishes,
      Lavande
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
      X