Drowning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drowning

I have been here for a while. I need help. I need help. I can't go more than 7 days Af. and that is a stretch. I only did that once. I can not post a lot and I cant be online a lot to establish relationships with you wonderful people here. I wish I could. would someone please help me. I need help.

Drowning

Hi Blanchie. I was just doing a quick check-in and saw your post. I am hear to talk to if you need. Have you been taking any of the supps or any meds to help with your AF goals?

Comment

Drowning

Good afternoon Blanchie,
      7 days af is wonderful! There are many on this site who would wish they could manage a 7 day stretch af. So don't put yourself down for that. Thionk truly positive... " Hey! I CAN do 7 days AF!! WOW"
      It shows you can do it. So add a bit more I can do it to you mindset, and you'll be going great!
      It's OK if you can't post a lot, just stay in touch when you can.
      I will help if I can. How would you like me to help?
      Hey, look at your avatar... make like the froggy... hang on when things get a bit rough, and remember if you fall into deep water, you can swim to oshore! Speaking of which, have you read Irish lady's wonderful thread "Just like a swimming pool"? If not, pop into general and have a read.
      Let me know how I can help, and we'll see what we can do!
      Be kind to yourself.

Comment

Drowning

Hi there Blanchie, I was wondering where you had got to...
        Well, yes, 7 days is certainly a great achievement you know. But you are needing to move to the next step now.
        What I would suggest is print off some meaningful posts, maybe the toolbox thread and anything else that really resonates with you.
        Also write down you own reasons for wanting to quit. Be as graphic as you can with the detail.
        To balance this out, write down how great you feel being AF, the good things you want out of your new life.
        When you cant get to a pc all this will help you through those tough times.
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Drowning

Hi Blanchie,

Congrats on your 7 days - you know you can do it!
          I'm sorry you don't have continuous access to the internet - it does make things easier, at least it did for me. As startingover mentioned above - start a journal and document your thoughts & feelings the old fashioned way with pen & paper. Reinforce your reasons to quit, how you feel each & every AF day, etc. by writing them down daily.

Hang in there, all the best to you.
          Lavande
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Drowning

Hey Blanchie - Good Job on 7 Days ~ Excellent!

OMG, I love the people here at MWO, everyday I learn something new that is Inspirational.

"Make like a frog and hang on" Good One, I love that . . .

Like Starts and the others have said reading and keeping busy . . . and please Know that 7 Days is Quiet An Accomplishment. And reading and journalling really help.

Is there anyway you could get to a library or other venue a friend or family member to use their computer?

And they are right their all many who wish they had 7 Days AF

God Bless . . . You Can Do It! :l

Comment

Drowning

Hi Blanch well done (again!!) on 7 days think start had a great idea about printing some of the threads off and writing down why you want to be AF, I am going on a course in Jun no access to the internet so I will deffo be using that tip!! Just a thought but are you setting your goals to high, once you reach your 7 day barrier re set your goal and concentrate on one day at a time rather than thinking I have to make it to 30 days AF!! Good l uck hope you can make it back soon
              Good friends are like stars you may not always see them but you know they are there

Comment

Drowning

Hi Blanchie
                Remember how bad your drinking was, as they say in AA "Play the whole tape!" That means don't remind yourself of the good times really think about the bad times, i agree with all the guys above, start journaling and write down ALL the consequences of your drinking ie: driving over the limit, blackouts, not being a good parent (if you have kids!), embarassing yourself @ functions, letting friends & family down etc............... it can be very painful but its a god reminder why NOT to pickup that 1st drink, Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X