so sleepy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so sleepy

Hi all, I have not had a drink for 8 days, and thought I would feel wonderful, but I just want to sleep all the time, just wondering, drinking wine was an avoidance thing, and now sleep is replacing it? or a sugar thing maybe, anyone else have this problem?

so sleepy

Oh yes Pea, I slept and slept and slept at first. I think its your body's way of recovering. If you can, just go with it and rest as much as possible. Eat good food, take your supplements and look after yourself. It will pass.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

so sleepy

Hi pea,
      Hang in there, I'm on day 7 today, I think the technical word for how i'm feeling is knackered. :goodjob:

Morning starting,

how long did your tiredness last?

Mine is a different sort of tiredness, itr's hard to explain but it sort of feels lke my body is repairing itself. Unlike a booze tiredness, where my doby just feels like it's trying to bet rid of the alcohol.
      Keep on keeping on!

Comment

so sleepy

Hi Pea and Starty
        I felt like a zombie last night had to go to bed at 9.30!! and im day 8 AF to!

Comment

so sleepy

ahh thank for replies, and soo early in the morning too, well that is how it is lately, bed at 7 up at 5! Plus a nap in the afternoon, yes it's not like a boozy sleep, it is VERY deep tho', I like it!

Comment

so sleepy

Hi guys,
            Well, i am not sure exactly how long it went on for, I know I was worried enough to get bloodwork done though....
            BUT for me, I gave up booze, then pain killers, then nicotine, so every few months my bod was going into some sort of shock....
            It has passed for me and I am back running again. In fact on Saturday I ran 4 miles so I guess my bod is good to go now ? :-)
            Be kind to yourselves while you feel like this, all I know is that it WILL pass.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

so sleepy

Hi Pea

:goodjob: On the 8 Days. I did 30 days recently and for the first 10 days or so all I wanted to do was sleep. Really deep refreshing sleep. I think it's your body's way of recovering! You should get your energy back soon and feel great! in the meantime make sure you are drinking lots of water.
              If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

so sleepy

Hi pea and others,

Congrats on your success so far

It's true, we do need to be kind to ourselves and patient - the healing process will take as long as it takes! I'm at 6 weeks AF now and I really did drag my butt around for at least the first 4 weeks. That's OK though, I did need the rest. My energy is back, I'm happy & getting some things done now.

No complaints here!!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

so sleepy

Day 7 AF here and I also am very sleepy most of the time. Try to get a nap in the afternoon. But the sleep is so much better. Much deeper and more refreshing even tho'
                  the sleepiness remains. If that makes any sense.

Patiently waiting for the time when the sleepiness goes away.

Congrats to all AFers. And also to those attempting to go AF. :goodjob: The first step was the hardest. Finally admitting that the problem was out of control.

com1
                  Com1

Comment

so sleepy

Hi Pea . . .

Congrats on the 8 days, GOOD JOB!

I agree with the others here, take advantage of the sleepy time moments, your body is telling your it's what you need right now.

Stay close Pea . . .

Comment

so sleepy

Well done on 8 days AF ....Your body is trying to repair it's self. give it plenty of rest, water and good nutrition too begin the healing process. You should start to feel so much better very soon...I KNOW I SURE DID !!!!!!
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X