ODAT Wednesdy May 6, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbelievable, Nobody started this yet? Wow, See what being AF, getting a good nights rest, and getting up early does for you? You get to start a ODAT thread...Woo Hoo!

I hope everyone who follows this thread today is in a good place, mentally, physically, and spiritually. Hope everyone is meeting their personal goals set for themselves, and finding peace. If you happen to be at a place where those things are not happening, remember that THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE, and you can get there. Just have to keep trying.

These words are changing my life... Its not about putting that drink down. Its about changing the destructive patterns and habits that got you into trouble in the first place. If you dont change those patterns, your recovery will not be as successful and rewarding. Recovery is not about one big change, its about alot of little changes.

Love Overit.
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Hi Overit, My first time on today and it's almost 2.30pm! Just so busy now (also no crawling around with a hangover helps).

I love your quote and the full paragraph you put in yesterday - I think that's what I've finally realised that these last few weeks have made an alternative to opening a bottle of wine every evening++++

Have a good one ODATers.

Bx

Comment

The Wine

I also open a bottleof wine every eve when I hit the house. Can anyone give me advise PLEASE !:new:

Comment

I HAVE to get off this computer . . . .

OverIt Thanks for starting this thread. I agree though for me I think it is not putting the glass down but maybe not picking it up in the first place!!!

Satz123 . . . start out by stalling yourself. Say I am going to wait (a certain amt of time) before I open that bottle. When that time comes stall again. The craving often passes. Or change your routine. Do something new when you get home.

Good Day ODATERs!

Comment

Excellent advice I'm gonna try that !!! Thanks for the tip

Comment

:welcome:Satz

Set yourself a target, whether it's one night or 4 nights Alcohol Free - something a challenge BUT achievable. Then distract yourself and keep busy. I found that I couldn't sit in my usual drinking chair in front of the TV. Instead I put PJ's on even at 8pm (cos it didn't feel right to drink wine in my PJ's) and stayed out of the lounge. So change your routine.

Read and post. Make list of all the bad things about alcohol and how it affects you. You are not alone here.

When you've met your target you continue!!!!:H:H:H:H:H
            If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

Thanks Blue Sky. You seem to know exactly how I feel ! I will set hat target - but feel myself saying "I'll do it tomorrow " - tomorrow never seems to come !
              I have a weird way of going on !
              I open the bottle & then start the evening meal. I really love this time :h
              Usually finish the bottle with my meal & then that's it !
              I do have a problem I know - but the only issue it causes is that I am putting on weight - can't get up for gym like I used to.
              It has to be wrong to drink a bottle of wine EVERY evening ?:upset:

Comment

Hi everyone

Satz, drinking a bottle of wine every evening became a habit for a lot of us. Then I started opening a second bottle so then decided to do something about it. Have you gotten the book, supplements, cd's etc. Maybe download the book and start from there and keep posting. Good luck.

Everyone else big hello, another busy day here so just a quick check in. Hopej you are all doing well.

Rustop

Comment

Gosh, friend - neighbor.. Great message.
                  Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Savon.... We are fortunate to be living in beautiful, wonderful, sunny Florida, and remember.....

Tomorrow is going to be another beautiful day...

Love, Overit:h
                    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Hi guys . I havent been around lately.!! Been ok..just trying to spend more time on my business, ..which is soooo bad.. and , my daughter come home from college for a few days then left for Montreal to work for 3 months...I wanted to spend time with her...but I'm back and yes its great to have the Florida sun...its what keeps me working so hard to stay here... I hope the business will survive ..but if it doesnt...i know i have given more then I ever thought i could...so let's pray for a better economy for all small businesses (like me) and big one...
                      Hope everyone is doing well ..I will catch up on my reading threads....
                      :beach:

Comment

Satz123, that;s exactly how I started my evenings, opening that bottle of wine and cooking dinner. Eventually the 1 bottle wasn't enough and I needed to add more to it. Trouble is all it is and I continued the habit for way too long.

Try changing your routine and breaking the habit before it gets worse.

winefree

Comment

Working...
                        X