ODAT Thursday May 7, 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Thursday May 7, 200

Im with you all ODAT's. Gyco you are scaring me....What up with dat? Finding life oh so much more tolerable and enjoyable without that nasty crap floating around in my body. Popeye once said he considers it as poison and treats its as such. That is how we SHOULD view it, it IS poison. Well, I have a good stretch going here (almost a week) I really really want to keep it going. I notice around day 6 and 7 you start adapting so much more easily and start accepting a AF way of life. I SOOOOOOO want to keep it going. Maybe this time is the time!!!

Your all doing great. Mad Mummy almost at a month? Fantastic. Oney is doing great too. Welcome Cake Queen and anyone else I forgot on here. Sorry, I am sober but still got the bad memory!!
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT Thursday May 7, 200

Can I make a suggestion for when you find yourself REALLY wanting a drink?

Im sure some of you may have heard of doing this, but to give it a name its called "Fast forward the Tape"

I do this often, and it works (usually) for me.

You play out the whole scene from your first drink to the end.

For example... Oh Man, I REALLY REALLY want that glass of wine!

Oh wait... From all my experiences in the past, there is NO WAY I will have just ONE glass of wine!

So, lets see. I am probably going to have a shitload of wine (due to my past experiences) so ok, I am more than likely going to get shit faced tonight. Im going to get plastered.

Ok, so my night (or day) will probably include, loss of control, maybe a blackout, possibly falling, or even worse. I know all this due to my past behavior of how I deal with alcohol.

So.... tomorrow, I am more than likely going to wake up (hopefully) with a nasty hangover, anxiety, feeling like crap about myself mentally, and physically. I might even miss work, or get in a fight with my partner...ect..ect. I know all this due to my past and how it ALWAYS ends up.

Hmmmmm...... IS THAT DRINK REALLY WORTH IT????

"Insanity is defined by repeating the same old behavior again and again, and expecting a different result"

Sorry for the book, just food for thought today!!!!

Love, Overit

Comment

ODAT Thursday May 7, 200

Wow Oney!!! I did not know that! That is utterly amazing!!!! :goodjob: :goodjob:

As you know, I am in still the early phases, so up and down, but LEARNING! I definately am seeing the Silver Lining to an AF life! IT TRULY IS SUCH A BETTER WAY TO LIVE!!!

Thank you for all your great advice you have given and being a source of support and encouragement to others.

Love, Overit

Comment

ODAT Thursday May 7, 200

Ok, it is too late for me to start today, cos I've already had a bottle of wine - at least :-)

Can I start with you all tomorrow?

I'm in the UK, I'll try to get online to get help to stop me picking up that first drink.

This is much much much harder than it looks to the outside world.

D2Mx

Comment

Working...
          X