Howdy Y'all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy Y'all

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Eric....long time reader, first time poster and hopefully future participant. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy this community and it's diversity of thought....and RESPECT for others thinking :goodjob:

My story in a nutshell: I am a 39 y/o man...I was totally AF from 1998 to 2005 there I started a pattern of drinking VERY heavily for a period of 2 or 3 months; getting to the point where I was so physically sick I would stop - stay AF again for 8 months to a year, then do it again. Currently I am on day 5 of no alch. after about 8 days of complete insanity :-(. My last drinking period before this episode was in January of this year. Before that it was late summer of 2008. Ugh. See where I am going with this?

Anyway, just wanted to say "HI" and thank you all for being here.

:thanks:

Howdy Y'all

Welcome Eric!
    Wow, you have had some good periods of sobriety there!
    Whats your plan now, total abs?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Howdy Y'all

Hi Eric - and welcome!

7 years AF is amazing. But it's sad to think that the old pattern of drinking is just hiding in the wings, waiting to suck you back in. (When I say "you", I mean Anyone!)

If you went 7 yrs., you must have a huge arsenal of "tools" to keep you sober! I imagine there must have been all sorts of situations that would cause many to drink during that time... but you succeeded in resisting that urge!

(Did something unusual happen to make you want to drink again?)

Just wanted to say "HI" back atcha!
      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Howdy Y'all

Welcome, Eric

I'm a newbie as well. This is a great place to be. Glad you decided to join. I joined on Monday and have had allot of responses already. Stay strong, keep seeking help, you are doing the right thing trust me.

Comment

Howdy Y'all

Welcome Eric2221 . . .

:welcome: Eric . . .

Glad you found this forum. You are soooo right when you say "enjoy this community and it's diversity of thought....and RESPECT for others thinking".

Congratulations on all of your AlFree time ! You sound like a very strong person.

I have only been here since January 28, 2009 and I have found my lifes turning point with these wonderful people. So please do feel free to Participate . . . .

The Compassion here is Heartwarming. The Inspiration is Phenominal. The Comradery is Uplifting! The Humor is at times Hilarious! and so much more . . .

Comment

Howdy Y'all

Hi Eric -- welcome aboard!
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Howdy Y'all

Hi Eric,

Welcome, glad you're here
              I hope we can be of some help to you. I have a feeling you could teach us a lot.
              Please keep posting, would love to hear more from you.

Stay well,
              Lavande
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Howdy Y'all

Hi Eric, welcome. Please let us know what kind of help you need. There's a lot to be said for making a plan and sticking to it. Lots of good threads here if you can't find what you are looking for just ask.
                vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Working...
                X