Hey Dill! Where are yall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Dill! Where are yall at? Do you guys have a regular thread still going? With the last two weeks of school, papaers, projects, and finals, I missed the ice cream party and forgot all about my 4 month anniversary!

So I miss you guys and wonder how everybody is doing!

I am finally out for the summer, thank goodness! 5 A's and 1 B !! Come on graduation!! December! The word is that the last semester is a little easier than this semester! Hope so...

Spent the day at the beach with the girls yesterday to celebrate the first day of break, and we are going back tomorrow!!! FUNN!

Anyway, I hope you get this so I know where everybody is hangin' these days!

Hope you have a great day!

Cat
    Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
    -Alan Cohen

Hi Cat! We're still here but when April was over, the AF April thread was over! Some of us (Choppersmom, Lilmea, SDlovespackers, SweatyBetty, Lavande and me) have been checking in with each other in the Newbies Nest. If you are ever lonely, look for us there! I haven't heard a peep from Pnut since the ice cream party. I hope she sees this thread and checks in.

I was thinking of you today, because, well, just because! I just do at times! I did so well with that AF April thread and got in 34 days. Then I relapsed and went straight back to square one. I am disappointed in myself, but am moving forward. Well, not straight back to square one actually, but will be there fast if I don't pick up the commitment. That's when I thought of you: I gained commitment for the April thread because of some of your words in the MWO March thread. See, today, I didn't actually do it, but I felt like crying. I remembered your post about how you had reached a point where you just cried. That's about where I am, so I am picking up and recommiting.

Anyhow, I'm glad to hear from you. I was surprised when you didn't post in the Shout Out Sunday thread, but I somehow felt confident that you were OK. Glad to hear you are. Big congrats on the grades!!! Awesome!:goodjob:

So, work for me is really stressful right now, but I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'll be done and on break on June 9th. WOOHOO!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Yes, Yes I know it has taken forever for me to get back on here! I mean there IS the beach just a hop, skip, and a jump away! And I am going back Saturday, at least thats the plan!

Sorry you are having a toogh time, but you should be sooo proud of that 34 days! And keep going...you can do this! Have you thought about continuuing the thread? Its seems that everybody gained so much strength with each other checking in all of the time.

Life is changing for me. My husband and I are separating and I am looking for a place to live. Thankfully this waited until the semester was over. BUT!! I am still AF...Thank God, and hopefully will continue to be. Thankfully also I have a great friend who lends his ear and listens. And this person is the first I have told about my problem with AL. And the most surprising thing was that there was no judgement at all, just acceptance and support. Refreshing...

Anyway, lets get another thread started so we can keep up with each other!!

Take care
      Cat
      Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
      -Alan Cohen

Comment

Hey Cat and Dill!!!!

Nice to hear from you guys!!! I have not been sure where to post, so just pop in to read how everyone is, but haven't been posting. I feel kinda lost........ Like you Dill - I managed to stay AF a few days longer than the 30 days then drank some wine, and am almost back to square one. It is like if I don't have to be accountable, then I become weak and don't even try!!! But I have to!!!!! I was thinking today that I have to start posting, even ODAT, if I am ever going to get control of myself.

So Dill - I'm with you on the re-committment!!! Don't let work stress get you down.

Wow!! Great grades Cat!! And lucky you going to the beach. The weather here has been absolutely shitty - it was actually snowing in the province today, although we only got a little bit here. Goes from a beautiful spring day one day, to a cold, blowing day the next. The strangest weather I've seen in years!!!

I've been taking it a bit easier the last couple weeks with the exercise - I had a 31km walk a couple weeks ago, and really messed up my feet - took a while to recover. Last weekend, did a marathon distance walk/run - then had our 200th run event for my running group the same night. NOT a good idea to start drinking wine after all that exercise!!! Can't remember much of the end of the night - good thing I have such a great BF to take care of me. How embarrassing!!! Anyway, back to serious run training again, as I have a trail race in 11 days - and i tell ya - it's super hard to motivate myself to run when i feel like shite from drinking too much wine!!!! I HAVE TO STOP THE MADNESS!!!!! I think it is high time I made another plan!

Almost done work for the day. Hope to hear from all you others who I came to rely on every day. I thought we worked pretty well together. I will take a peek at Newbies Nest to see how you all have been doing!

xoxo peanut

Comment

Hey Cat, Dill, Peanut!!!
          Awesome to hear from you Cat and Peanut!!!! Like Dill said...we catch up in the nest everyday, so she knows it's been a struggle for me since April too! Had a doozie of a Friday...last Friday!! I wouldn't say I am back at square one...but I sure don't feel the same and my thoughts aren't as positive...about myself or my drinking...that's for sure!!!
          I agree though...we all sure for whatever reason...worked well together!!! I most definitely miss the AF April thread!!
          Anyway...SUPER glad to hear from all of you....we're in this together!!! :hug:
          SD
          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
          7/29/12

Comment

Hey yall!!

Happy Thursday morning! Today is the first day of the rest of our lives!! So I saw this quote, and today it is how I feel:

"What a wonderful life I've had. I only wish I had realized it sooner."

These days I am FINALLY really enjoying my soberness (is that a word?). I am so thankful for today, but really regret all of the days I wasted being hungover, and all of the evenings I don't remember because I was drunk. What a waste of time!

So guys, what do you say we start another thread?

Lets be thankful for today! And here's to an AF Thursday!

Have a great day!!
            Cat
            Catawprint:

-Alan Cohen

Comment

Cat, I'd be glad to join you on another thread. I need all the inspiration and motivation I can get! I liked your quote today. I will reflect on it today at work when I grab a few moments to myself.

"What a wonderful life I've had. I only wish I had realized it sooner."
              I do hope that you will start a brand new thread with a new title soon. I don't like seeing my name in the title! I would prefer a bit more anonymity!:H

Cat, I'm sorry to hear about your divorce. It's funny, but I never knew you were married! Let us know if there's any way we can help.
              :l
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Okay guys, new thread! The Halfway thru May Thread!

Cat
                Catawprint:

-Alan Cohen

Comment

Working...
                X