Started 6 days ago, first post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everybody! I've been reading your posts. This is the second time I've tried this, so I wanted to be sure.
    It is going better this time for me. Would love to chat about why. I like to drink lots of drinks at night after the kids go to bed. Just knowing you other people are out there helps me alot. Coffee

me too

I have a similar behavior, I never, ever drink in the morns or at work, but that beer on the way home seems to turn to 2 or 3, then later on, after 8 or so, I have 2-3 more, beers or drinks, whatever is there.
    Going to Dr. today to discuss some of the meds..............
    this has gone on too long!! Glad to have stumbled, sober, into this community!!

Comment

topamax

Hey surfjohn,

I'm on the topamax. Just starting to notice something about the way I feel at night. Good luck at the Dr.

Comment

Hey coffee, how long on the topa? is it helping, I'm heading to week three and just starting to notice a difference. How is it going for you? Did you put a deadlock on the cellar? Jools
        Jools
        "The lazy man always works the hardest"
        "Pride always comes before a fall"
        :l

Comment

Jools,
          I need to become a social drinker. A wine enthusiast, not a wine-O. That is what I am working on. The topamax is like 3 weeks now and up to 75mgs and I am just beginning to notice a little something. I have a really great solution for us, at wine tasting parties, that I have tried out one time and had success with I could share with you. I'd rather chat about that though.

Comment

I am not sure what I am doing, so here goes. I am on day 6, topa, sups, etc. Did the cd a little, have to work on that. I did drink wine twice, two on Thrus night and more last night, Fri. Feel crappy this am. I am so scared about the topa, dopa. I have a tingle in my right hand and arm, am going to get some grape seed extract and banans later on.

Do I nee to put a title? How does this work. I need to talk to someone. I did not get to see a dr. yet. I ordered the topa online.

Comment

where did you order the topa from? just curious

Comment

I got the topa from the a web site, a generic Topamax, from Canada called Lifhaus medicines. Real fast delivery in the US.

Comment

Hi Guys,
                  Coffee, I agree about the social drinking. I would prefer not to drink at home unless entertaning. And I mean PROPER entertaining - not just entertaining myself Would be very interested to hear about your method - where are you so we can hook up timewise on chat? I am on Bribie Island, Queensland and close to Brisbane. U can send me a private email if u like. Jools

Hey Hope, I have tingling in my toes, regularly. I have to see my doc this week and will mention it. I have also sleepwalked this week for the first time ever and I am 45. So there you go.
                  Jools

Comment

Hi everyone, first welcome, it's good to see new people. It get's those of us that have been here awhile all jazzed up again.

A couple of comments for you.

The topa dosage is different for each person. You will find that it is what you can stand vs how much it is helping you. I have been able to stay at 25MG of topa for 7 weeks now and there are a lot of people that have leveled at 75, 100, 150 all the way to 300. A lot of the stuff you get from the 1st couple of weeks can be withdrawals even if you are just cutting back. You might feel more aches or tingles. They might have been there, but you were not really paying attention to them. CV has a lot you can read about this. You do not need to up the dosage as fast as it says either, you can sit at a level and see where it is going for you before going up, that can give you time to see how it is working with other meds, your digestive system, Topa Dopa, etc. The only reason I am still at 25mgs is I have reflux disease and was worried that it might cause trouble with the meds I am already on, so after 3 weeks, my drinking was down 2/3rds and the side effects were minimal, so I just stayed there.

For the wine, cause I do love wine. I switched to a smaller glass and I take an L-glut with the 2nd glass. The stop switch in brain goes off and I'm done. It works really great.

Again, :welcome:
                    Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

wait a minute FRMCA - you take L- glut with the 2nd glass. ?? do you mix it in with the 2nd glass? I usually drink 1 teasp with soymilk in the a.m.? you actually put it in your wine and the stop switch in your brain goes off and your done drinking?
                      gaters

Comment

HI Guys, I am feeling better today because I decided to stay at 25 mg of Topa for next week to see what happens. I was so terrified of dosing up, so I have calmed down and don't dread work tomrrow. I went to the health food store and bought the grape seed exract, took two @ 50 mg each. Helped a little with the tingle in the rght hand. I will try it again for this week with the 25 mg of Topa and the grape seed.. I appreciate the help, I am alone, I don't have a dr., I ordered online and told my husband I was taking supps and following a new program, that's all. Nice to have others to bonce off of. I found out the hard way that if I drink more than 2 glasses of wine I have the hang over from hell the next day, so that is a deterrant for me now. I don't drink durning the week, but boy the weekends ....

Comment

what is L glut?

Comment

Gaters,
                            Some people open the capsule and put it under or on the tongue? Maybe someone else can add to that, I don't remember. I swallow the capsule with a BIG glass of water or if I'm out I take it with my drink. I was also taking an extra dose of Kudzu with it, but I was getting low and waiting for an order so I started skipping the kudzu and it seem to be fine. Although, I would recommend you take the extra kudzu and L-glut together if it is going to be an allnighter or you are feeling low, weak, etc.

For some more info, I take my supps exactly as stated in the MWO latest dosing schedule, but I did make a couple of changes that work for me. I take all the early in the day supps, but I only take them twice a day. I take all breakfast supps with breakfast and I take all mid-morning, LunchAfter lunch around 1:30-2:00 in the afternoon. That's doable for me. I do not take any of the after dinner supps on a regular basis as I am not an after dinner drinker. Again, this is different for everyone. On the nights I take the extra Kudzu and L-Glut are nights I find myself doing the Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired thing or in social settings. I had them in my pocket the whole time I was visiting Las Vegas.

Hope, sounds like you are doing really well. I too am on my own and had to get my stuff on-line (Bad, Bad HMO). So what I have learned, I have learned from others here. Glad to help in anyway.

Sully, The L-Glut is L-Glutamine and they are one of the new supplements that MWO recommends. The others are Gaba and Amino Complete. The info on these is in your book. I had an older book and I know I found the new dosing schedule and info somewhere on this site. Someone else might remember where?
                            Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Thanks FRMCA, That piece of advice settles my mind about the onwards and upwards thing with topa. I feel ok here at 100, think I may do this for a few more weeks and work harder on a personal level without relying just on the drugs. I will definitely get the l-glutamine. I have however switched from always wine to having sometimes a can of ready to drink which has 4% as opposed to 14% in wine. it can satisfy the urge and is quite pleasant. It also fulfills the need to be social without getting the buzz.

Any other info would be most welcome. Jools xxxxx
                              Jools

Comment

Working...
                              X