I'm excited!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm excited!

Hello, I feel like I have found the place I have been looking for - I would not consider myself a problem drinker however, definitely love my daily glass of wine (or 2 or 3) and think that I should be cutting down - want to life life to the full, regain my youthful glow (and want to stick around to see my grandchildren).... looking forward to being part of your community, and if I can help any one with support would be happy to do so!!!:new:
    livingyoga

I'm excited!

Welcome, Living. There's lots to see, read, learn, etc. here to find where you might find your niche. I'd encourage you to read, read, read, into the archives as much as possible. Its great you came here sooner, rather than later, on your last legs, or rather in dire straits, you know. You will find friendship, support, information, some turmoil, humor, in other words, life. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards!!!
    Rubes
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I'm excited!

:welcome: Living! You do sound excited and that is a great start I can understand you saying you want to stick around to see your grandchildren. Do you have grandchildren yet? I have a grandson and I don't want him to see Grandma drinking ever (he's still a baby).

You have found a great community to join and I am happy that you are a part of it. I am sure there will be a lot of us to take you up on support. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Comment

I'm excited!

Hi Living, stick with us, it is a great place to be, I see you are from OZ there is a thread called the next day thread which is in general discusion it is for people on a different time zone to the rest of the world you are more welcome to join us. Keep posting ronnie xx
        :dancin: enguin:
        starting over

Comment

I'm excited!

Hi and a warm welcome LivingYoga.
          I just love your name.
          There is a thread called "Mod Squad weekly thread" which is a bunch of us living life moderately. If that is your goal, please feel free to come and join us.
          Wishing you all the best on your journey.
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I'm excited!

Welcome

Hiya Living and a huge welcome.

As above, you will find here whatever you need. And you will be able to give lots back. It is life, there is something for everyone....I am with the modders/occcasional drinkers too. If this is your goal, check out drink tracker. I have found it really useful.

Again welcome and good luck

love moo
            "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
            but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

I'm excited!

Welcome livingyoga.
              You can regulate your drinking any way you feel the need to here.
              Good luck.

Comment

I'm excited!

Welcome, Livingyoga!

Your post made me think about something. None of us want to think we have a "problem". And, while I drank way more than you do, I didn't think I had a problem, either! I guess what I mean is that there are "degrees" of this addiction. Many/most start down the path with a few innocent drinks from time to time, then... daily, then...?

The fact that you are here and are seeking help/support means that at least in your own mind, you have a problem. If you really didn't have a problem (or were in Denial!), you wouldn't be on this forum...

Just sayin'....

But that said, it sounds like you want to make some positive changes in your life! Always a good thing.
                Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

I'm excited!

I know what you're saying savon19...
                  I also didn't think I had a problem. I knew I drank far too much and that I was killing myself by degrees, but still that was OK. The people who saw what I was becoming and wouldn't leave me alone were the ones with the problem....but that was me.

Comment

I'm excited!

Welcome Living,

I totally understand your situation.
                    The birth of my first grandchild 5 months ago is what finally pushed me into action. I knew I had a problem with wine but figured it wasn't such a big deal. Well, it was when I realized I was afraid to go near him with my continual hangover.

Well, no more! I am AF 7 weeks now and thrilled to spend time with him, guilt & hangover free
                    Get started now, don't put it off.
                    You'll never regret it.

All the best,
                    Lavande
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I'm excited!

Lavadne...It was the birth of my first grandchild that prompted me to come here too. It took a while but I'm finding my way now and neither her or her little brother have ever seen me drunk, and that's how it's going to stay.

Comment

Working...
                      X