The Weekend Thread for Binge Drinkers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning/ Evening everyone. It is Sat morning here, I love that hangover free Sat morning. Wishing you all an AF Sat eve/ night. I am so cofused with my timezones. Talk soon.

Comment

Hi everyone, Ezz I am quite happy for the sun to stay with us at the moment I hate the cold and the rain.
      Well hubby has said that he is well enough to go tonight so out we are, I have planted my winter plants with the help of all of my 3 boys and now I am just about to put the dinner on, so far so good with me
      Macca well done on Day 6 I cant wait for Day 7 then that is the longest in a long while that I have been A/F HORRAY.
      Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday & Saturday evening stay strong everyone, I will check in tomorrow
      Thinking of you all love ronnie xx
      :dancin: enguin:
      starting over

Comment

Glass Half Empty why dont you try and change your Sunday routine for a while it might help
        :dancin: enguin:
        starting over

Comment

The weekends are absolutely the worst for me. Struggling this weekend and fighting with my husband doesn't help. He is cranky - I have been focusing sooooooo much on being AF I think he is feeling neglected. I am on day 21AF (longest since 2004) and it has been a big deal for me. Just feeling like if I was drinking everything would be good and I would be better. None of the usual is working when I am fighting with him - thought I would post because that usually helps. Drinking bucket loads of water and going to take my nightly supps in a sec. Would just love to escape this crap at the moment - won't because I know that would truely disappoint the hell out of me and mean the absolute end of my marriage for good. I also have really itchy skin - does anyone have this so far into being AF or is it normal? It is irritating and driving me to distraction = my year old running around the house squeeling isn't helping either - it is 7.30pm here in Australia - yah now my dog is barking non=-stop. Stop!!! I want to get off this ride :nutso:
          AF since 26 August 2009- and loving it!!

Comment

Yep - that's a good idea Ronnie and I've been thinking of that lately but there's nowhere I really need to be. I might think about going to see an exhibition or something in the afternoon to spend a few hours away from temptation.

I realised today how controlled by other people I am when it comes to my alcohol consumption. i.e. - I won't drink and drive, or drink too much in front of my kids and other family, or when I'm at a work function, but I have very little control if it's 'just me' that's affected, even if it makes me physically unwell. I always need some external force to put the brakes on for me. Is it just a part of the broader self esteem issues that so many of us face, that somehow our own wellbeing doesn't count for enough, or is it just a lack of self-discipline? Hmmm... more things to ponder
            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Luba, sorry to hear you are having it tough. You have done so well to get to 21 days and maybe hubby feels a little threatened by the new you. I don't know about the itchiness. Hang in there, you are doing great.

Glass, I was the same, have never drunk driven, won't drink at social functions as I always nominate to be the driver, won't get drunk in front of anyone but my husband these days. I think we make these little rules in the belief that we are in control of AL. I don't know the answer but I do know that I happier when AF, getting past the urges can be difficult but mondays without drinking over the weekend are amazing. Without AL in the life I feel more in control and that makes me happier because I am a bit of a control freak anyway.

Comment

Hi ronnie sorry i missed some of your posts to me i wasnt sure how to navigate the site but got the hang of it now! im doing ok havnt got af at weekends though but am happy ive been able to have some af days in the week. love and best wishes to you and every one xs

Comment

Thanks Ezz - i hadn't thought of that - I will see if I can speak to him about it tomorrow.He is asleep now. Your support is helping me beyond words, this place always comes through for me and am feeling better. It is amazing how MWO works.:thanks::thanks:
                  AF since 26 August 2009- and loving it!!

Comment

Luba, when I first said I wanted to go AF my husband's face blanched. It took him a while to get used to the idea and it took me a while to be able to manage it. We are taking it one weekend at a time, he can drink as much as he wants, I don't mind, but he doesn't, he only had 2 beers tonight. It is a big change for everyone involved.

Comment

**Made it through the night**

So good to see how everyone did on Friday night - I did pretty well too only having one drink and then getting sick from it for most of the night (which was a good thing, otherwise, I may have kept going!). I guess the meds are still working. Loving the clear-headed Saturday ahead of me - hoping for a good night with lots of self-control!

So happy to have somewhere to come where I can feel comfortable expressing myself and to see others are doing the same. Even though I haven't been here long, I am grateful and thank you!
                      :thanks:

Comment

Hi there

I've been on this site earlier in the week and was doing so well. Was on my 5th day af but on thursday night I gave in to temptation and had 2 ciders, Friday night I had 2.5 glasses of wine and today I felt really crap and tonight I'm on my 4th glass of wine - why have I done it!! I don't know, all week I've felt like I have a bit of a virus, maybe wasn't hungover today, just ill. Its scary to think it was 'coming off' alcohol that might have made me feel like this. Just feel wierd now and not sure what to do now. Sorry, I'm being selfish as you are all doing so well. Any advice most appreciated.

BG xx

Comment

BG
                          Start again tomorrow and try to get longer AF days under your belt. Drink lots of water tomorrow to keep rehydrated, do not have hair of the dog. Good luck.

Comment

Hey Ezzmae

I'm not a hair of the dog kinda person. But I just drink too much wine and its messing with my head now I think. For a couple of weeks I've had a sore side. I don't know what it is, I don't think its my liver or anything as too far down. Would you know?

I'm sorry, you are really kind ezzmae. Are things ok with you? I'm a Perth girl too but from Scotland originally.

BG xx

Sorry everyone for hijacking thread.

Comment

Hi, BG,
                              What side and how low is your pain? I did a WebMD search a while back, and it was helpful.

How is everyone else doing this Saturday?
                              My sweetie and I did our Friday date night, which we refuse to give up. He drank scotch and I drank BOTH pomegranate and spicy V8 (separately, of course) and honestly did not feel that old deprivation feeling, hardly at all. We talked a lot about our cravings (he is giving up cigars and his pipe while I'm doing my 30 day thing) It is good to know that he is struggling, too. We talked about how we need to prepare for modding when the month is over.

As we were climbing in to bed I told him "I kind of miss the way our Friday evenings used to start, but I am loving how they now end!" It is so nice to go to bed on a Friday, being fully aware and sleepy... not passing out.

Keep up the good work, everybody!

Comment

Checking in, Saturday afternoon for me here. Dori, sounds like the meds were not a great thing for you, but I'm glad you are here and working on things despite the topa not being your thing. I know there are others trying other things too, so if you think at some point you need meds again don't despair! I know the meds section has lots of good information on the alternatives besides topa.

I'm keeping busy today, doing garden work and taking care of two kiddos in between naps and feeds etc does one that way! I'm hopeful though, by this time last week I had been to the package store to get wine and was having a drink by 4:30 and I just know that today that isn't going to happen.

Thanks all and best of luck to everyone getting through the rest of the weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X