• Show
Clear All

The Weekend Thread for Binge Drinkers.

Thanks Guys Day 1 today and OK so far johno:thanks:
    Boozer

Comment

Hi ronnie & Johno ...

day 3 Af for me today & feeling optimistic .
      Very jealous of your glorious weather Ronnie , England is cold & wet & my poor lawn is beginning to look like a meadow!!

hope to make it to friday this week without any of the old AL!! Wish me luck & goodluck to all too .

Still find this posting lark wierd but boy does it help!! I've never felt so ok about trying before...still dont know if its the supplements , the cds or the community ( or a combination of all 3) but it is so nice to feel like this for once.

thanks
      :new:

Comment

Hi and welcome bubblex well done on day 3 you are doing great, there is another thread called 4 days A/F this thread is for us to go on during the week and you get lots of support there, hope to see you there
        love ronne xx
        :dancin: enguin:
        starting over

Comment

Ezzmae, How spot on you are.I can leave the bottle alone from Mon to Thursdays but come Friday after a hard day ( I work with youth with very high behavioural problems;drugs,al and the like) I am screaming for a drink.Thats why this thread is good. I plan to be on it 4.oo pm Frid the time that I find the hardest. So thanks and good luck with your battle with the booze. I am on day 2 today start meds this PM :thanks:
          Boozer

Comment

Welcome Johno. Thanks to MWO I have managed to get through the last two weekends AF. It feels great. I hated the hold AL had over me. Yesterday, a Monday, I did feel an small urge because I use AL to relax and destress and I felt like I hadn't had that for a few weeks. I resisted and feel better now. I am going to look into other forms of destresser now, I already exercise so I am used to that so I need something new.

Comment

hi ive never been on anything like this before and dont know exactly what im doing. ive never really admitted out loud that i have a drink problem. my father was an alcoholic and i found him dead and my mother has definite issues with alcohol although i know that she would rather kill than admit it. i drink away too much wine, especially at the weekend.. i can never remember what i was doing in the morning and im scared of the impact that this is having on my kids. im a nurse and nobody would ever know that i have a problem except myself and my husband, although i dont think he thinks that i have a problem as he loves a drink himself. i know my background history and i know how my life revolves around having my drink.

Comment

hi there

hi ive never been on anything like this before and dont know exactly what im doing. ive never really admitted out loud that i have a drink problem. my father was an alcoholic and i found him dead and my mother has definite issues with alcohol although i know that she would rather kill than admit it. i drink away too much wine, especially at the weekend.. i can never remember what i was doing in the morning and im scared of the impact that this is having on my kids. im a nurse and nobody would ever know that i have a problem except myself and my husband, although i dont think he thinks that i have a problem as he loves a drink himself. i know my background history and i know how my life revolves around having my drink.

Comment

adove6;616708 wrote: hi ive never been on anything like this before and dont know exactly what im doing. ive never really admitted out loud that i have a drink problem. my father was an alcoholic and i found him dead and my mother has definite issues with alcohol although i know that she would rather kill than admit it. i drink away too much wine, especially at the weekend.. i can never remember what i was doing in the morning and im scared of the impact that this is having on my kids. im a nurse and nobody would ever know that i have a problem except myself and my husband, although i dont think he thinks that i have a problem as he loves a drink himself. i know my background history and i know how my life revolves around having my drink.
                  Welcome Adove
                  Stick with us, there is alot of nonjudgemental help and support here and you are no longer alone. I am sorry that you had to find your father dead that must have been horrific for you. I can identify with you I am a nurse too and I was very much on top of my job while drinking which I did at the weekend but not anymore. Download the book loads of good tips there. :welcome:

Comment

Hi, adove6 and Johno,
                    Welcome, and stay with us! This is a great site for folks like us. Keep reading and posting. You have made a great step!

Comment

Welcome to all the new guys. MWO really does help you achieve your goals and like Mica says hang around and keep reading and posting. We all understand what you are going through and we all want to help each other beat the demon.

Comment

Thursdays- Beginning of W/E Bindge

Hi eveyrone, I am on day 3 today A/L free and it is Wednesday. This is not unusual for me as I am a W/E binger with my weekends starting thursdays. So, tomorow being a Thursday is going to be hard,however, I am taking Campal (3 days now) and am really anxious to see if the drug works. Does anyone know how long before you feel the benifits of this drug?Maybe I am expecting a little to much,although, I have heard some people have good results allmost immediatly. Thanks everyone for you support. In MWO I now know I am not alone johno:thanks:
                        Boozer

Comment

Hi Johno, well done on Day 3 A/f you know you can make it past tomorrow just keep posting here and keep very busy, try and change your thursday routine if you can. I dont know anything about campal as The only thing I am taking is Vit. B so I am sorry I cant help you with that but there will be someone here that can. And Johno you are definetly (sorry about spelling) not alone we are all in this together.
                          Keep up the good work
                          Love ronnie xx
                          :dancin: enguin:
                          starting over

Comment

Working...
                          X