The Halfway thru May Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dill-that's what I am talking about...you said you feel like crap today because you "caved" and have to "start over"...I don't think that's fair to say. Why can't instead we look at it in a positive light...you went 6 out of 7 day AF!!! That's AWESOME!!!! What were your weeks like before you started this program?? That's what I am trying to tell myself...keep things in perspective...I think we spend a lot of time beating ourselves up instead up bring ourselves up!!! We are doing GREAT...a LOT better than most people who would say they don't have a problem...I think...to be honest with you!! Just my thoughts on it....just feel good (keep feeling good) on how far you've come!!! You're doing great, Dill!!:l:cheering:

That goes for Roly, The Start(s)..hahahaha...ezz...and everyone else!!
    Keep going Half wayers!!
    Sd:l
    "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
    7/29/12

Comment

Good point and well said. Thank you so much for being here everyone, and being here is a step forward, right/
      Best
      starta
      :goodjob::new::thanks::l

Comment

Thanks SD and starta for your kind words of encouragement. They were helpful. I am feeling better now. It is 10:00 pm and I'm going to bed with a sleepy, but clear head!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Best of luck Sheri for the weekend. Very tired today but glad it is day 8 and I've managed this far.

It as nice to think about all the money I HAVEN'T spent on alchohol this week...

best to yous
          starta

Comment

sherri, Have fun at the wedding. You have so much time under your belt, and you sound so strong, that I think you will probably do just great!

starta, 8 days is fantastic! You're doing great! I'm feeling tired today, too. The good thing about not drinking is getting 'real' sleep. Not passing out then waking up in the wee hours unable to go back to sleep. UGH! Saving money is good, too!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hello there,
              Here's hoping everyone is alright this weekend and keeping strong.

It is DAY 10 at my end. I've had to work this weekend, and appreciating being able to concentrate a lot more easily and not being so tired due to being AF I think, and sleeping more easily.

Had some mega cravings on the way back from where I'd been on the train. It was such a lovely day and felt like having wine on the train - watching everyone sitting in there back gardens drinking beer and such.

But then thought about the craving and in front of me was a young woman who was talking about going out to a 'Rum' party.Big conversation she was having on the phone with her mate about stashing bottles of gin in her handbag. Quite open, public conversation...Found myself thinking - oh dear, she's got problems like I (had!?) and thinking she was so young...to be doing that.

Also considered the craving and for the first time in ages, realised that I wouldn't want what alchohol does to my brain. So Horrah for DAY 1O. hope I manage to keep it up.

take care
              starta
              :goodjob::new::thanks:

Comment

DAY 12 , and I've made it so far.
                How's everyone else doing?
                best
                starta:new:

Comment

Hi, starta! I don't know where everyone went?!!! Join us in the Newbies Nest if you need more support/feedback. There are some newbies there that are similar to you, I think. This thread seems to have fizzled?

I'm doing great. Had a slip but am back on track. I'm working up to an AF June!
                  Dill

Comment

Okay, Dill , good for starting again.
                    will check out newbies nest
                    best
                    starta

Comment

Working...
                    X