Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else...?

Hi All,

I haven't had a drink since Thursday but feel worse than I do when I do drink! Any one else felt that, am very close to buying that bottle of wine to feel normal again!

xxx

Anyone else...?

Izzy, its withdrawals. You need to go with it for a few days, drink lots of water, eat light but nutritious food. Rest.
    It will pass, but its your bodies way of clearing out toxins.
    Treat it like flu, thats what I did.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Anyone else...?

Izzy,

Depending on how much you drank, you may well still be within withdrawals.

Give it some time. It does take a week or so to start feeling better.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Anyone else...?

Izzy,

As the others said, give it a few days - you will feel better very soon.
        Pamper yourself a bit, rest, stay well hydrated and get plenty of good protein snacks.
        You are, most likely, over the worst of it now and will reap the benefits in a day or two. Keep telling yourself that a bottle of wine will not help you - it will just put you back to square 1.

Take deep breaths, stay calm, you can do this ")

All the best,
        Lavande
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Anyone else...?

Remember if you do not give in you will feel better soon and will never have to go through this stage again. If you give in at some point you will be going through this again. It is so worth a few days of feeling "worse" so that you can feel BETTER!!

Comment

Anyone else...?

Hi izzy im relativly new on here and the first time going af for a few days i felt great then extreem tiredness and headaches. i did about a week but havnt done more than 4 days since. but listen to what everyone else has told you take more steps forward and it can only get better! Wish i could take my own advise xs

Comment

Anyone else...?

Hi Izzy...
              I am on day five and it gets better! I took a nap on day two, I think it was. I had no energy and felt lousy for the first three days. I am feeling better and better with each day. I am glad I keep sticking with it. And things were a bit sticky yesterday. I had a two hour drive and shit going wrong and I still didn't turn to a beer or some wine in the evening. I feel real good about that. Lots and lots and lots of water with lemon and stevia. Herb detox teas, fresh fruit, protein and salads. A couple of treats but keeping the food pretty clean as that helps. I am being kind to me...letting my body rest if it needs. Exercise is good, too.

You can do it....I haven't had this many days without alcohol in a few years.
              Stay in touch here...this site is GREAT...tons of good info and support.

Best of luck....enjoy your weekend...take care of yourself!
              Namaste,
              Kathryn

Comment

Working...
              X