X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna try it all again. Nuther Guitar player too

Hi,

Hi, QuitinTime, Startinover and Lilbit,
    Thanks so much for your kind words. All of us have "stuff", and though mine was profound and painful, it was a long time ago. I will never forget it, and never take advantage of the ones I love. I consciously tell each person I love, just how much they mean to me as often as I can. We never know when it will be the last time we get to do that. Each of us dies when it is our day, and there is simply nothing we can do to predict or change that. The nature of life, I guess.

QuitinTime, just today I read in our newspaper about a weekly coffee time for the caregivers in a hospice situation... are you involved in something like that? It might be really good for you to speak to others who are in your exact situation. I have also used, during very stessful times, a gratitude journal, wherein I would write at the end of the day, five things for which I was grateful that happened that day. It helps keep the head out of the dark, a little. Another hug for you.

Comment

Gonna try it all again. Nuther Guitar player too

Thanks - we aren't officially in hospice. She's on a medication which is IV delivered and its portable - that and the cocktail of pills every day keep the ticker ticking. Aside from the inconvenience of the meds and delivery equipment her QOL is almost what it was prior to the heart event. So I'm good - I can come here and I have others I can talk with. I don't have time for any formal or even informal regular things like that - I play in a band and have other hobbies to hook me up for awhile. So I'm ok for now.

Thanks so much for thinking though! - Q

Comment

Working...
      X