starting over again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting over again

My decision to jump on & stay on the wagon was fueled by the birth of my first grandchild.
    Lavande, what a beautiful reason to jump and stay OTW!
    "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

starting over again

Hi!

I hope everyone that wants to has a great AF weekend. I must say that I had a major bolwout with my Mom yesterday and it didn't result in a huge hangover today! Isn't that a beautiful thing? I think I finally realized that wine is not the answer, assertiveness is. Unfortunately, I've always been pretty much of a whimp. I love being back in control. I can't wait to get my daughter into this. I know she'll benefit as much as I have. You guys are truly inspirational. It's so conforting to know that I'm not alone.

Comment

starting over again

Hi need,

Glad to hear you are well and already reaping the benefits of being AF. It really is great, isn't it?
        I wish you and your daughter peace & happiness.
        Have a great AF weekend too!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

starting over again

Hey Guys!

I can't even tell you how great it is to know that you're out there. I was feeling much more in control, and then I overdid it last night. I'm okay, but feeling weak. I wish I could do better.

Comment

starting over again

I completely understand. I'm going through it also. Been on a daily drinking routine for at least a month. I've got to stop, but not doing very well getting off this time. I'm really worried about DT's more than ever before. My body just went through bad stuff, but I know I have to give it up and not drink. Booze of any kind is completely poison to me. I'm obviosly extremely allergic to drinking beer, wine, or booze of any kind, but I'm having a hard time getting off it. What to do, what to do? I've been calling people, and they don't even want to hear from me anymore.

Comment

starting over again

Congratulations to ANYBODY who can be af for 30+ days. I'm still working on day one. Cutting back, though. I've given up sugar, coffee, diet soda, pastries etc in the past and alcohol is my last one to give up. I too fear withdrawl or even anyone finding out my "dark secret," as I am not visibly drunk to my friends and family. I live in a small town in a highly visible profession and I cannot risk going to a local doc about this. I'm going to try the kudzu and l-glutamine again. AND......listen to my support folk here!:thanks:

Comment

Working...
              X