Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 days or longer

Hey everyone,
    In just under 48hours I will be at 30 days AF. I was wondering if anyone had any advice in relation to why this is the special mark??? I know that RJ recommends 30 days but unsure why because I can't find my book. Does anyone recommend longer? I was thinking of a minimum of 6 months. Think I could probably mod now but don't want to risk it...guess I just answered my own question. Your views would still be appreciated...
    Cheers
    Luba
    AF since 26 August 2009- and loving it!!

30 days or longer

Good question and congrats on almost 30 days AF.

I am a few days from 30 but it was only a time goal for me. Some have posted that 30 days is needed to allow your body to begin to heal and also your mind. Maybe also a good time to reflect on how good it all can be after 30 days.

I await other opines on your question.

com1
    Com1

Comment

30 days or longer

hi,congrats ,on the 30 days,it is up to you,whether you keep going,but i like what you say,you think you could mod,as far as your head clearing,it takes years before that happens,when i went to treatment i was many months sober,and the brain still didnt function well,i presume it depends on how much,and how long you drank,,i drank for 39 years,a good ten of that was abusively,and many of those years i stopped and started,i kind of got a new way of looking at drinking,think of every time you drink,you give yourself a concussion,makes sense to me,is it worth going back,i dont beleive so wishing you well gyco

Comment

30 days or longer

Luba, congrats on almost completing 30 days! That is fantastic:l My advice would be to forge ahead with what you are comfortable with. Take a look at the last 30 days and reflect on how you feel. You will come up with the right answer for yourself. I wish there was a magical answer for us all! Congrats again. I am soo proud of you!

Comment

30 days or longer

Hi Luba,
          More AF time is always better. You need to learn to live life without alcohol. After you have done that, you can try incorporating a little. If you haven't found new, long-term ways to manage stress, socialize, and do everything you did with alcohol, you may not be successful. Many here, like Gyco, say they cannot learn to drink moderately, and have tried multiple times. But there is a group of us that has been successful. Read all of the threads under Long Term Moderation before you try any alcohol.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

30 days or longer

Thanks so much to you all for the advice and support. Like I said upon reflection I knew the answer but I have found the most beneficially part of this site is to be able to get others input, reflect and 'put stuff out there' - it is really helpful. My next goal is going to be 60 days as I think it is too soon and despite some brief periods of thinking about drinking I am enjoying life and my new body and mind way too much.
            Once again I thank you all heaps and heaps.
            Peace and happiness
            Luba
            AF since 26 August 2009- and loving it!!

Comment

30 days or longer

You have done so well !!! Keep up the GREAT WORK !!!!!!!!
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

30 days or longer

Good going luba. i am right behind you. approaching 30 soon.
                i am so proud to say i passed thru a DUI spot check last nite with a smile.
                Feels great.
                An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

30 days or longer

Well done Luba!! I am approaching my 30 days af in 6 days time I have been condsidering where to go next I think new target of 60 days hopefully giving me a grand total of 3 months af. Like you I am loving the way that I feel and I like myself a whole lot better. I have been reading the mod thread but don't think I am strong enough to try it just yet
                  Good friends are like stars you may not always see them but you know they are there

Comment

Working...
                  X