X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still going...but could just do with a hand

Hello again,

How is everyone?

I've had a few problems with the computer and been a bit busy with work so I've not been on for a bit.
    I'm still sober, day 25, but could do with a bit of encouragement/hand holding.

I'm off to the football this bank holiday weekend with a group of mates. It's a massive game for my team and everyone will be well on the pop.
    I've tried to avoid every social situation that involves alcohol but this is an absolute must. I can't and don't want to not go.

:thanks:
    Keep on keeping on!

Morning, A big well done on 25 days, I am on day 14. Going to the footy for me always starts in the pub before the game and finished there after so I know where you are coming from. Its worse if its an important match. Do your friends know your now AF? if not maybe a little white lie like your 'being on medication so cant drink' might help in their not offering you drink.
    Good luck with today, who is your team?
    Keep safe
    KTAB
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

It's also a massive decision for you. Potentially, your life?, or one day at the footy? Can you go late, or at the start of the game, no earlier, then leave straight after the match to avoid the 'festivities'? Could you otherwise just be honest, and tell your mates, you're trying to give the juice a break? Good mates will support you.
      Best wishes.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Congrats on your 25 days - that's fantastic!
        I'd say do whatever you have to do around your friends to keep that going. Why would you want to mess up now???? Don't make a big deal of it (not drinking) they may not even notice

Hang in there, you are doing so well.
        Enjoy the game.
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi All
          This is one of the biggest tests we all who are going af will face.socializing with old drinking buddies in a situation that is a big trigger.The 25 days you have is great but you are placing your sobriety at risk early into going AF.Only you can figure out for your self the right approach we can only give suggestions.I know that I would not have survived the day without drinking.I will not tell you what to do it is your decision but I will ask you a question.
          If you were asked to give up going to this game and you would become a sober person with no more al problem would you? This question is not only for you.To everyone would you give up one of the things you enjoy the most in this world to become sober.This is the sacrifice you have to be willing to make.
          I went to my first baseball game after about 60 days AF.It was the first game I ever went to and didn't drink in my life.Lets be real didn't get drunk.I did have antabuse pills in my pocket and I will not lie I must have touched that prescription bottle in my jacket a hundred times.Fantasy be strong and realize the enemy you are dealing with.This will take all of your strength .

Stay Strong and Stay Healthy
          AF 5-16-08
          Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
          AF 5-16-08

Comment

Hi Fantasy Haircut.

Well done indeed for your 25 days. Good going my friend.
            I used to worry about days and nights out and I never wanted to go either, but once I was there and had been through explaining that I didn't want to drink, everything was fine. I was at my B-I-L's house a couple of weeks ago for a big football match and everyone else was piling into the booze. I was fine. I just relaxed and enjoyed the game. Whether I'm drinking or not gets to be of less and less interest to everyone but myself and I'm fine with it.
            If you don't want to go though, you don't have to. Your team will win or lose whether you watch it or not.
            Whatever you decide to do, try and relax and at ease with your choice to stay dry.

Comment

Working...
            X