AF physical changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF physical changes

What are some of the physical changes you have seen since being AF?

Here are some of mine after 11 days:

- Lost 12lbs!
    - Ability to think more quickly "on my feet". Did I get some of my brain back?
    - Skin looks healthier.
    - Fingers and toes starting to feel normal again - they were losing sensation.
    - Feel 10 years younger!
    - Finding it harder to get to sleep, but when I wake up, I feel like I got a great sleep.

Thank you for all your support. This forum is great!

--Steve

AF physical changes

Great going Steve!

The black rings under my eyes are slowly dissapearing
    My hair feels and looks thicker
    I have lost the glassy "haven't slept properly" red-eye look
    My circulation is improving (fingers and toes not freezing) -- but this is also largely because of yoga
    I have also noticed that my nails are not so brittle anymore
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

AF physical changes

Hi Steve. There is a honeymoon phase in sobriety. You are enjoying your new found freedom from liquor! Congratulations on 11 days.

I can remember my previous periods abstaining around (90) days i saw a complete different face in the mirror one day. Thats when it hit me i was really sober. The physical change for me was the way i looked. Yup, i lost weight and no longer had aches and pains in my muscles.

This time around is easier, my hands seem to be more arthritic as i use them so much.

Keep on going, more change is coming for you.
      An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

AF physical changes

First thing that I found after the first few weeks was the ability to sleep at ease and wake feeling refreshed, what a wonderful feeling.

As for losing weight I only lost a bit as I wasn't eating much when I was drinking, now I put weight on by just looking at food.

Think I weigh around 2 stone more now than when i stopped drinking.

Take it easy.

Comment

AF physical changes

congrats steve,it is nice to see people nipping it in the butt,i would say it gets better,the understanding of dependency, on something, is a interesting state of mind,i wish you well gyco

Comment

AF physical changes

YES! Steve..how wonderful for you! Best ever is having dreams.....and good ones....sprinkling *angel dust* on you for good dreams...x Angel

Comment

AF physical changes

Wow - I hope the improved circulation happens for me. My fingers are always freezing at the tips! Also, my hair has been thinning b/c of excessive stress lately. Hopefully being AF and having these other stressors pass will help with that!

Great job on 11 days:goodjob:
              AF since - 5/24/09
              edit - except 4 glasses on 6/16/09

Comment

AF physical changes

I have more energy
                I look younger
                My skin glows
                I sleep well
                I cope with stress better
                I eat healthier and think healthier and therefore I am healthier.
                I love life again.

Steve many congrats on those 11 days, well 12 now! Cherish them and know they just get better!
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

AF physical changes

Wow, is that ever motivating! I'm a newbie, and your words are so helpful.

Comment

Working...
                  X