Let' talk about encouragement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished classes for Phlebotomy Tech. That's a Plus! Obviously starting right out of school can be a blessing to whatever Physician hires me because I haven't acquired any bad habits. I've also just started EKG Tech classes and doing well. Not drinking more than a few beers a month!

My urge to drink started this morn at 9 am. The doctor that I had my interview scheduled with this afternoon called and cancelled the interview. When I scheduled the interview, I made it clear that I just finished Phlebotomy classes a few weeks ago. I was very clear that I have no EXPERIENCE!

When I spoke to him this morning, it was as if he had no clue about the conversation we had a few days ago when he scheduled the interview. Talk about being shot down, my self-esteem has been stepped on and I feel like maybe he's the one that may have a huge DRINKING PROBLEM! It was like talking to different people! So, now I pick myself up and get back to the internet and newspapers to find another opening..

Needless to say I should be proud of myself, because I didn't go run to the liquor store like I probably would've done months ago....Stinking Drinkin LOST THIS ONE!!

Brandy

Good for you Brandy

I know people can be really strange, cant they - and who knows what was motivating this doctor's behaviour - what a complete disappointment!!....But good for you for saying no to past habits...you will feel better for it and I am confident you will find another opening - I believe in you!!!!.
    HUGS to you, love
    Jen:h
    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Clearly, he's got his own problems and this has NOTHING to do with you as a professional! And, I know you must be so disappointed but maybe there is an upside here: just think if you hadn't discovered what a nutjob he was until you had already started working for him!

And there ARE good people who will be please to have you work with them...don't let this doofus put you off...
      That's a great selling point: No Bad Habits!! Excellent!
      :h
      susan
      "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Susan and Jen;

Thanks for the encouragement! I sent out a few more resumes so I don't feel the whole day was a waste.

You guys made me smile! A good end to a VERY TOUGH DAY!:thanks:

:hBrandy

Comment

Brandy,
          I just saw this now. Bummer about that doc, but Susan is right, you don't wanna work for an a-hole like that anyhow. Fists would be flying if ya know what I mean!! (I know you do:H ).
          Glad you got more resumes out. Double glad you're not crying to Heiny.
          Love ya, girl.
          Call me if you need to vent, OK?:l

Comment

Becca;

When I started calling you my "little sister" I meant it! Fists flying, I think about the talks we've had and the times when I've allowed my anger to get the best of me when trying to deal with certian situations in my life. I've been able to talk to you and just deal with so much madness at times. After we talk I always end up laughing.

PS...Hubby said I should've let that doctor have a good verbal tongue lashing...in other words show my TRUE COLORS, It's not like the doctor could've fired me!!:h

Brandy

Comment

BRANDY,
              My eyes are swelling! I don't know whether it's from love or understanding or what! Don't care! I just know that you have been extremely influential on my recovery... and an amazing friend. Big sis....I know you will never let people beat you down! That's why I look up to you! I'm the weakling who has NO BALLS (sorry, guys!), ... dang it. I just like making people happy and like making myself happy.... hence my issues with drinking, I think.
              ANYHOW, you and I have since talked, and I'm glad you kept your fists in your pockets!!!!!
              Love Ya, Miss Brandy!

Comment

You girls are both my big sis, and yes you got some BALLS Brandy!! You handled it phenomenally well.... !!
                You know you have something better on the horizon. Just wait for the best.

Hugs from sunny Florida! (a very sweaty hug)
                Love, Allie
                What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Working...
                X