The Weekend Thread for Bringe Drinkers 28th - 31st May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very excited to be starting DAY 7!!!! I got through Friday night so that is a big plus. Daughter is having 2 other 12 year olds spend the night tonight so that will be a test!!! Kidding - I don't have any wine in the house and won't buy any so drinking it is not an option. Funny that I have all kinds of other liquor bottles (for parties, etc) collecting dust and they don't tempt me in the least. It is just the evil vino :H

Nics99 - Whenever I think ahead to weddings, parties, etc. I force myself to bring my mind back. Cross that bridge when you get to it. I am sure that is why AA stresses "one day at a time". I think a lot of us feel this anxiety when first starting out - maybe even forever. In reality all we have to worry about at any given time is that day or, really, that moment.

Stashia
    - you CAN do it! I can imagine the driving lessons are a bit of a stressor though:H

I hope everyone enjoys their AF day today!
    AF since - 5/24/09
    edit - except 4 glasses on 6/16/09

Comment

Hi Mom. Congrats on starting Day 7. Well done.
      Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
      AF May 23 09 to July 09
      AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Well done MOM2AJT!! Thats great. Iam determined to do it need to do it will do it! Good luck with the sleep over i used to do them with my daughters and we used to play musical clothes we would pass an embarrasing item of clothing round and whom ever was holding it when the music stoped had to put it on it was a giggle enjoy!! xs

Comment

Thank you Ronnie for the encouragement. It's coming upon to wiching hours of Saturday night for me and I am going strong. A few moments today that had me thinking I might get some non-alcoholic beers, so I could pretend. But what for? I am strong and I can do this.
          Thank you all for being so positive and motivating.

Comment

KTAB and ronnie big big hug from me well done, i have to start again but i was sensable. Doesn't mean much i know but hey my next one 20 days.

LBoogie14 keep it up fab people on here to support you x

Comment

Hi all, well done Lboogie and Mom2 on getting past Fri night and onto days 6&7, keep strong we are going to all feel good come monday. Macca and Stashia nice to see you guys, how is your Sat night going?
              KTAB
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning party people

Hi everyone
                I hope you all survived your Saturday night and wake up bright and shiny and motivated to continue the AF party on Sunday morning.

:band2:

It's late Sunday morning here and I'm keeping VERY busy! I've been for my long walk, put a treatment on my hair, tidied the desk in my study (which has been bugging me for weeks) and am just about to go shopping.

It's my youngest son's birthday today so I have a house full of kids for dinner tonight. That includes my two sons, my nephew and their girlfriends so I have lots of cooking to do this afternoon. I suppose I should stop calling them kids now that their all in their twenties, but I guess you never really get out of that habit!

Have a fantastic day everyone and don't forget to drink lots of water!
                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hi everyone
                  Hey what a great A/F party this is turning out to be :dancin:

WOW Mom2ajt - A BIG well done for you on Day 7, I am really really proud of you:heartsnflowers: You must be on top of the world right now, and rightly so!!

Stashia & Macca - keep on running girls you will soon catch KTAB & me up in no time.

LBoogie14 - Good name for our party!!! Thankyou so much for your lovely words, and well done for staying strong, you can do this.

Glasshalfempty - wow you have a very busy day ahead of you :chef: I hope your son's birthday goes really well for you

KTAB - well done on day 21 :cheering: I dont need to ask you how you are feeling about it, as I am sure that we are feeling the same thing WHOPPEE!!!

Pan - my little darling :huggy thanks for joining in our party, its great to see you

Well my day concist of going to watch 2 soccer matches (yum yum) then on to yet another kids birthday party so that is my day taken up really.
                  I hope you all have a lovely & restful Sunday and make sure you keep up the good work and keep this Party going.
                  Love you all
                  Ronnie xx :whee:
                  :dancin: enguin:
                  starting over

Comment

Ronnie -Wow - sounds like a really busy day!!! Enjoy it
                    AF since - 5/24/09
                    edit - except 4 glasses on 6/16/09

Comment

Can I join the party?

Saturday night here, 10 oclock. Just hanging with my son and my dog watching a movie. Had a rough day, woke up hungover and full of remorse and regrets. again.

I NEVER drink on a hangover, thats good at least. Im looking forward to Sunday morning, NOT hungover and going to church.

Party On!!!:nutso:
                      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Hi Overit
                        Of course you can join in, anyone is welcome to this A/F party
                        Well done on being A/F today, make sure you drink lots of water, and I hope you have a lovely time in church.

Let us know how your Sunday is going
                        Love ronnie xx
                        starting over

Comment

Ronnie - you must be SO proud of yourself - I hope you have lovely weather for those soccer matches.
                          :sun:

Overit - Glad you could join us, and I hope you have a fantastic Sunday.

mom2ajt - I agree about wine - It's my one real weakness. I have a cupboard full of other alcoholic drinks, including spirits, port, Cointreau and Bailey's (all of which I really like) but they've been sitting in there for I don't know how long and I only have one or two small glasses when people visit. Unfortunately, once wine beckons, I'll drink it until the cows come home (and I end up looking like one of them!).

Well done to everyone else who is hanging in there this weekend.

I'm off to do some cooking. I'll check in with you all later.
                          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hi Glass - just a quickie, is that you in your picture?
                            starting over

Comment

Happy Sunday to all of us weekenders. Well done guys on keeping here and posting. Think I am just going to have a lazy sunday morning on the patio with coffee and the papers cause its so gorgeous out. And not a hangover in sight.
                              KTAB
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

AWMAN!! i just lost a huge post:upset: ronnie am feeling great headaches gone!! am putting on my running shoes as we speak am ready for the marathon!! GLASSHALFEMPTY have a great day!! Lilbit Lboogie Ktab Overit mom2ajt Macca i wish you all a fun and AF sunday hope you are all well xx:h

Comment

Working...
                                X