help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help!!

Feeling very low ..after last night just got to stop this self destructive button I keep switching on going for an AF day is that how you do it one day at a time ?...so for today Im not touching a drop I think I have hit rock bottom !!:new:

help!!

A day at a time to start with tara1.
    Welcome and good luck.

Comment

help!!

I do a day at a time too. If my mind trys to go ahead I just stop it really fast!

Good LUck!
      AF since - 5/24/09
      edit - except 4 glasses on 6/16/09

Comment

help!!

Welcome Tara!
        Have you read the book "My Way Out"? I highly recommend it, to help you understand the options available with regards to suppliements, meds and exercise and diet.
        Stick around -- keep reading, keep posting.
        Strength to you!
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

help!!

Welcome tara1,

You've come to a good place! Lots of support & encouragement to be found here.
          Stay close, we will all help.
          Best wishes for a successful Day 1.
          Lavande
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

help!!

:welcome: Congratulations and best of luck on your first day. Drink a lot of water today with fresh lemon squeezed in it and keep full with lots of little healthy meals and snacks. And get some exercise! Look at the toolbox thread in monthly abstinance. You'll find lots of coping suggestions there. I look forward to your success!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

help!!

Hey Tara,

One day at a time has worked for me for many months. You can do this today. Think of it as a present for yourself.

Love,
              Be
              "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

help!!

Welcome Tara.

One Day at a Time, One Hour at a Time, whatever it takes. I used to promise myself a drink the following day if I could just go today AF. Then the next day I promised myself the same thing and so on. It worked for me.
                Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                AF May 23 09 to July 09
                AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

help!!

Welcome!!!! We are all your friends and have been where you are. Lots of water with lemon works great and its great for your body too. When i get AF days i try to take lots of vitamins and drink lots of water with lemon. One day at a time is the best way to go about it

Comment

help!!

Hi Tara,
                    Nice to see you!
                    Uve come to a very good place with lots of help and supportive people, looks like your well looked after on this one, all I'd add is that I find when your first starting out I find trying to keep as busy as possible with distractions!
                    All the best with your day one and soon the one will be many!
                    xoxo
                    To see a world in a grain of sand
                    And a heaven in a wildflower.
                    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                    And eternity in an hour.

Comment

help!!

well I did day 1 feeling apprehensive about weekend but going to give it my best ....thanks 4 the words of support yesterday

Comment

help!!

Hi Tara, I know how you feel. I'm also trying to take one day at a time. Best of luck.

Comment

help!!

tara1;623658 wrote: well I did day 1 feeling apprehensive about weekend but going to give it my best ....thanks 4 the words of support yesterday
                          That's brilliant Tara.
                          Have you got a plan for the weekend. Try and not dwell on thoughts of alcohol. It's bloody hard but get yourself busy and try and enjoy yourself.

Comment

help!!

Pan -icked;623190 wrote: Welcome Tara.

One Day at a Time, One Hour at a Time, whatever it takes. I used to promise myself a drink the following day if I could just go today AF. Then the next day I promised myself the same thing and so on. It worked for me.
                            Welcome Tara and as Pan-icked rightly say one Day At A Time...One Hour or even less.

Don't even think of tomorrow.

Yesterday's history..Tomorrows a mystery....Keep it in the day and you will be fine Tara.

Take good care and keep the faith.

Keith..

Comment

help!!

Tara,

Good job!
                              About the weekend - change your normal routine - it helps. Put yourself in non-drinking places with non-drinking people, etc. I found distraction to be an amazingly effective tool in th eearly days.

You can do this
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X