Need Inspiration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Inspiration

know that some of my best friends have told me I don't have a problem with drinking when I know very well I do. I think some of them were worried if I said I had a problem then maybe they did too. I assured them that was not the case, that they didn't have the same repurcussions I did and just because it was a problem for me didn't mean it had to be a problem for them. For the ones who don't drink and thought I was fine, I think I either I hid it from them better than I thought, they were just trying to be kind, or they just really don't understand that I can't stop when I start. Either way, I think if they really love you and you explain it is a serious problem for YOU, they will be supportive and get on board. It doesn't mean I expect my drinking friends to not drink around me, but just to be respectful of my choices and be supportive. Two of my friends always drinks Odouls when out around drinkers and that works for her and him. I have not yet decided what I am going to do yet.... Last night and tonight I am going with water as an option but Friday at a dinner party I am seriously contemplating NA wine. Not sure yet. My cover right now is that I am quiting drinking for a month so that I can stop smoking, so I may not feel that out of place with it. (Only a very few of my closest and most trusted friends know that I think I am an alchoholic at this point.)

Comment

Need Inspiration

Present... easy on the AF wine! *shudder* It's awful! :H

You know, what is a real great alternative? Sparkling grape juice. If you're gonna get to bring your own... maybe try that!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Need Inspiration

Sunshine....
        Good to know. Dern, I was hoping that would be a viable option. Never heard of anyone trying it. Maybe that can be a new endeavor, making really good NA wine!!

Comment

Need Inspiration

Takeheart - First, the band is not well known. They are called "The The". I'm here to bounce questions off of...we're in similar situations it sounds like. My wife was supportive...she doesn't seem to think I have much of a problem (1/2 bottle of whisky or 2 bottles of wine a night - she didn't know quite the quantity) because my tolerance we is so built up. But I know I have a problem and that's what counts. We don't make a big deal out of it. I just said that I wanted to stop drinking, which she is fine with as she doesn't drink too much...maybe a glass of wine or two (she's one of the lucky ones who can mod). Luckily, she will stand by me regardless. As for friends, we'll see how it goes. I don't know any better than you do as I'm just getting started. I guess we'll figure out who are real friends are and go from there. Good luck and let me know how you are doing.
          AF since July 8, 2009...

Comment

Need Inspiration

"One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time."
            Nancy Astor

I think this is a suitable quote...
            AF since July 8, 2009...

Comment

Working...
            X