Day 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2

:new: Dipping in a tentative toe into my first ever go at a 'chat room'. Started yesterday with just the vitamins/supplements and was delighted to find how easy it was to get through the night without the slightest desire to have a drink. Fantastic not to have to rely on will power AND to get seeming results from day one. First time in ... years? Less happy at bed time when my usual zonk out was replaced by an intermittent wakefulness I am totally unused to. Going cold turkey before has always hinged round my desire for sound sleep and so I was anticipating (and dreading) insomnia.

Methinks I may have to up the Calmes Forte and for good measure I am now sipping slowly on one glass of wine as a) I want to sleep soundly tonight and b) my aim is to be able to drink in moderation and be able to go 2-4 days at a time without missing alcohol.

Mind you, the absence of any kind of craving may have been helped as I made an effort to eat a good breakfast yesterday AM. I have been skipping breakfast for years and sipping wine before a late dinner. Part of the urge to have a drink was probably due to lowered blood sugar levels through inadequate diet.

Any advice re insomnia? Does it go away or is it (and Calmes Forte) here to stay?

Day 2

Hi, the insomnia will go away as your body adjusts to the lack of chemicals. There is an excellent herbal tea or tincture that you can get, which is Valerian. Taking some at night or making a cup before bed will help you sleep. Chamomile or a long tub soak with epsom salts in the water will also help detox and calm your mind and body.

Comment

Day 2

Valerian rules

:thanks:
      Really appreciate you responding. I'll take your advice re valerian, etc. Fortunately I slept OK last night, though less soundly than usual, and to see some improvement really helps.

Comment

Working...
      X