ODAT Saturday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Saturday!

Wow it has been so busy around here that I have not logged on in two days. Plus the fact that I had a small glass of wine both days - maybe guilt? That is a pretty big step considering I would usually drink 5. No desire to drink more and had a wonderful time. Not doing that every night - and told the hubby to PLEASE NOT bring wine into the house. If he wants to drink, he can have beer. I can take or leave beer - mostly leave. Not happy with myself, but I will not beat myself up because that only results in more drinking. I am not blaming my husband - he meant no harm. Anyway, right now I am up and at 'em on this beautiful Pennsylvania Saturday morning watching rugrats with my two year old while she walks around in her feety pajamas and my high heeled sandals. Never a dull moment!

Hope everyone is well and I will try to do better! AF is much better than anything. Back on that damn horse! (I did go I think 18 days no drinking in May which is a record)...!

Happy Saturday all

Kat

ODAT Saturday!

Hey Kat,

I'm enjoying the beautiful PA Saturday morning as well
    Glad you're back on the horse - AF really is the best. I haven't felt so good or been this happy in a long time. Stick with the program----------you'll see!!

Have a great day.
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

ODAT Saturday!

ODATERS!!!

Yep! AF is the way to go! No matter how long it takes, you keep trying because it makes all the difference in the world!

Have a happy day!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT Saturday!

I love having this thread back which is a little funny as I have never posted on it before. I wish you all the very best Saturday. I recently put together twenty days after not having any alcohol free evenings at all in many, many years. Lost it for a few days, albeit not completely, and for me right now it has been better to not starting counting again but to learn from each day in itself and if need be each hour or heartbeat. Lovely day/ hour/moment today; I think I'll keep it that way.
        may we be well

Comment

ODAT Saturday!

I am enjoying AF a lot (today is only day 7 but still . I have thought about when I go to a party or something will I have a glass of wine? Probably not b/c I don't have to want to change my signature and mess up my drink tracker! But I'll worry about that day when it gets here.

My girls are enjoying me being AF. They both had said something to me last weekend about my drinking and I guess for me that was kind of my bottom. They are 10 and 12 and I don't want them to think of their mom as some out of control wino. I remember when I was little I would beg my dad to stop drinking and he never did. Parents ended up getting divorced, etc. I remember thinking AL was more important to dad than we were. I definitely don't want my kids to feel that way.

Hope we all have a great AF day today:groupluv:
          AF since - 5/24/09
          edit - except 4 glasses on 6/16/09

Comment

ODAT Saturday!

My neice when she was only 2 used to point at a wine cask and say "Auntie Pan". Now that's sad.
            Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
            AF May 23 09 to July 09
            AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

ODAT Saturday!

Happy ODAT to all! CAPA focus on the success, and it gets easy to repeat. Sunny here today so I'm planning outdoor activities today. And also weeding my rose garden, yech.

I'm getting much more used to not drinking on friday nights. It's no longer a trigger time for me. I've got to the point where I value my sleep more and understand that any AL would interfere with that. And then today I was up at 5am, on a Saturday. I guess I'll get a lot done today. Have fun everyone.

Comment

ODAT Saturday!

Morning everyone. Day 7 for me, longest stretch since my pregnant days. It feels pretty good too!

The more I surf the boards the more I realize how lucky I am that there are not a lot of AL patterns in my life...not a lot of drinking family members, not a lot of partying friends. I was one of the people who would drink on my own in the easy chair at night after the kids were in bed.

I am my own worst enemy!! :H

Comment

ODAT Saturday!

I once had my daughters (10 at the time) friend come over and call me an alcoholic...I am sure that went over well when she told her parents. Yea, how embarassing!
                  Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

ODAT Saturday!

We were on the phone with my stepson (11) the other night and we told him about an incident where my husband did something that startled me. His response was, "did you spill your wine? Cuz you always have wine". UGH......... What a picture he has of me!!!!!!! I was raised by an alcoholic father and married to one for 22 years. It created a great deal of emotional anguish all my life. Why do I feel that I am "not as bad as they are and I am not creating a legacy of my own?" I am getting ready to start the program over again on Monday. I started last year with all the tools from Roberta. My goal back then was to moderate (after the recommended 30 days AF) Well, that all went amazingly well, but my moderating escalated back to the same place I was a year ago. June 1 was my start date last year, so that is my target again for this time. Thanks for this thread. I opened up my eyes to a few things I have been avoiding/denying. Have a great day. It is a beautiful Saturday afternoon in Chicago. I best got my rear in gear and find something to do outside. Maybe a bike ride.
                    "PAIN IS JUST WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!" USMC

Comment

Working...
                    X