Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A BRAND NEW 30 DAYS..ANYONE UP 4 IT ?

Hi Fab Abs

It is lovely to hear from you! Count me in as well!! I'm on day 2 now but really, really tempted to have a glass of wine and there is some in the fridge. If I have one tonight, as I've been on hoilday today (I know excuses, excuses), I will def start tomorrow.

Well done to those who are approaching 30 days or reached 30 days. What an achievement. :grouptrophy:

BG xx

Comment

Hi to all

Been really good to read all posts - very motivating.....First time on this, so going to give 30 days a go started yesterday. I drink mostly white wine, or pints of lager, go every Mon Tues without so tell myself I got no problem, then reward myself the rest of the week with increasing amounts of wine (if I open a bottle I will drink it all, such a waste otherwise!!). I have spent years making a fool of myself and more mornings than I care to remember saying sorry. Tried to moderate to no avail, done all the rationalising ie can stop when I want, deserve a treat etc. My 3 boys age 13, 11 & 11 told me last week they hate seeing me after too much wine - felt so bad but big wake up call.

Determined to prove to self can give up for myself and family. This is day 2. The posts really help especially from those that have achieved 30 days. Good luck to all. will check in every day

Taz x

Comment

Hi Taz

Nice to hear from you and :welcome:

I'm on day 2 as well. Tried to do 30 days about a month ago and only lasted about a week so this is a fresh start for me. I have been moderating quite well but yesterday had same old, crappy waste of a day after far too much white wine on Saturday night. I can identify with having more as the days of the week go on and also with feeling guilty as far as my kids are concerned.

You made the right decision to come on here as its so friendly and supportive. Look forward to hearing more from you.

BG xx

Comment

Welcome Taz1,

Glad you found us
          Just jump on board, we'll all help you along. You've made a great decision to get in control now, before things get worse - and they will if you let them..........
          This is your life, and your son's lives, do the best for all of you. You won't be sorry, promise.
          Since I've gone AF, I wake up happier every day, not to mention hangover free. I love the feeling of having control back in my life, you will too.

Have a great Day 2, you can do this.

Lavande
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Im in. On day 2 for me. I hate making commitments but i think this is the only way i am really going to know how i feel. I have 10 year old twins who right now think i am sober..so i should try it. (im separated from their father and only drink when they arent around).

i have to remember the questions

Wine - all kinds. I can drink close to 2 bottles a day depending on when i start

Plan after 30 days. I dont really know. I would love to be able t Mod as well

Motivation to stop. I live a secret life that will at somepoint come crashing down. Im facing a DUI charge this friday for my only DUI that happened over a year ago (trial kept getting postponed).

Anyway. lets get this party started

Comment

I'm up for it, I slipped for a few weeks, but I would like to come back. I ready to go at it again. I feel so stupid, because I was doing so well. Here's to 30 days AF starting today.
              Only Those Who...Attempt The Absurd...Achieve The Impossible

Comment

30 days

Hi boozy girl & lavande

thank you for your welcomes and positive words, really appreciate. First cried...dont know why.....but feeling resolute...keep in touch

ps - lavande what does NF since 05/19/09 mean on your profile? Worked out AF as alcohol free but not sussed NF

Taz

Comment

Starting over again, I cant believe i've been here over a year and just now starting seriously.

30 Days! I'm going to do it.
                  AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Wine, wine and more wine!! And then whining the next day because I feel so bad, physically and emotionally. Today is day one for me ( a second day one, but still day one). Count me in!!

Comment

I'm in, slipped this weekend, but today starts a new week & month....so lets do this! My birthday is this month, so that will be extra challenging.
                      First attempt June 30 (42 days)

Day 1: August 13, 2013
                      7 Days:
                      14 Days:
                      30 Days:
                      60 Days:
                      90 Days:

Comment

Taz1;625566 wrote: Hi boozy girl & lavande

thank you for your welcomes and positive words, really appreciate. First cried...dont know why.....but feeling resolute...keep in touch

ps - lavande what does NF since 05/19/09 mean on your profile?
                        Worked out AF as alcohol free but not sussed NF

Taz
                        I believe this is Nicotine Free!
                        AF since - 5/24/09
                        edit - except 4 glasses on 6/16/09

Comment

Mom2ajt - many thanks! Learning all the time!!

Comment

I too have slipped up this past month, although I don't know that "slipped up" is the right terminology. I think I only had 2-3 AF days!!!! Yeesh!!!!
                            Day one of another 30day stint today!
                            xoxo peanut

Comment

I have slipped a lot the past month but really want to get back on track and hope this will motivate me. So, yes, count me in. Day 1 and I feel strong.

Comment

Peanut, I was just thinking about you, wondering how you've been doing. I am not sure about doing 30 (well, I'm sure that I SHOULD -- duh) but I will stay AF TODAY. (See my "One Day" thread.)

Comment

Working...
                                X