Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16th day AF

Today is my 16th full day AF.

That's the longest AF time I've had since I was a teenager (sad, but true). I'm surprised that I have had very few cravings for alcohol, after drinking at least 2 bottles of wine every night for the past 4+ years. I'm hoping it stays this way. It truly feels like a miracle.

I walk past the alcohol section of the grocery store with pride, and a calm knowledge that I will not slip, that I am happier, healthier and a better person for not drinking again.

Thank you again for all your inspirational posts on here. I read this website daily.

Staying strong,
    --Steve

16th day AF

Well done Steve, you are doing really well, I am so proud of you, I know for a fact that it is not easy and that some days are better than others, stick with it, you must be feeling on top of the world right now, and rightly so.
    Good work
    Love ronnie xx
    :dancin: enguin:
    starting over

Comment

16th day AF

Thank you ronnie. I do feel on top of the world. I've had a stressful week at work, and I know previously when I had stopped drinking, I quickly resumed when I became stressed. This time around, I feel very different about it. I guess it's just my time, finally!

Thanks again,
      --Steve

Comment

16th day AF

Well done

Its definately your time...i like that saying!!...Its my time this time also!!

Comment

16th day AF

:wd: Steve and Fab very well done isnt it great!!! My family phoned me from ireland while they were having a party and i felt like reaching for the bottle just to get in the mood as they were talking dribble :H But resisted and was up bright and breezy at 6 30 am while i guess they are all suffering in bed probably till noon!! xxs

Comment

16th day AF

Well done, I'm round about the same as you as I've got my 18th. AF day today.
            Best
            starta
            :goodjob:

Comment

16th day AF

Hi Donedrinking and Fab, its a bank holiday monday morning here. Another beautiful summer day is starting on Day 22 AF. It really is amazing how different the world looks through sober eyes, Done, I know exactly what you mean when you say its a miracle.
              Ronnie how are you today?
              Stashia you want to watch out for those boozy Irish
              Startafresh well done on 18 days isn't it wonderfull.
              KTAB
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

16th day AF

Congrats on your 16 days Steve!
                Keep that wonderful feeling going - it truly is freedom................

All the best,
                Lavande
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

16th day AF

Well done Steve.
                  It's a great feeling walking past the booze and beating it.

Comment

16th day AF

Well done, Steve, you sound really happy... You and others on here let us know that it is worth it.

:thanks:

BG xx

Comment

16th day AF

Great job DD. Job well done.

Winefree

Comment

16th day AF

Awesome Steve! You do "sound" really happy about it. I am just finishing day 9 today but every day feel better and better about it! I think it may (fingers crossed) finally be my time too!

Keep up the great, inspiring work!!!!
                        AF since - 5/24/09
                        edit - except 4 glasses on 6/16/09

Comment

16th day AF

Fantastic job! Always remember how great you feel in this moment. Hope you are proud of yourself. You certainly should be!!

Love, Me
                          :l
                          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

16th day AF

Congrats Steve! 16 days is great.
                            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

16th day AF

Thank you all for your kind posts and words of support. You are all amazing people, and I can't thank you enough for being here.

I'm on my 18th day now, and I 'm still in shock that I am doing this, and with no cravings or symptoms or anything... what the heck is going on?

I know it's still early days, but the memories of drinking 2+ bottles of wine and passing out on the couch every night seem so distant. I feel like a *completely* different person. I can think with my brain again, and wake up feeling like I got some sleep, and not worry about people smelling booze on my breath or seeing me in the grocery store with another 4 bottles of wine...

No more pathetic excuses, no more broken promises, no more empty bottles. I have a life again, and I'm in control of it.

I feel free.

Staying strong,
                              --Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X