Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONE DAY

HI everyone,
    I am not new, been here forever and still struggling. There was some talk tonight on chat about psyching ourselves up for that ONE DAY when it is all going to fall together. But I don't think it ever works like that.

"I will finally get my drinking under control...one day (some day)"

Like, I'll figure it out on a particular day (like the last 25 years of obsession will lead to this clarity).

I am obsessing a bit, and I apologize. I know there is a successful 4 day AF thread. Even that is hard for some of us.

Here is the plan -- Tomorrow is June 1st. Let us all (or who ever is in) have ONE DAY alcohol free. And it's a Monday, so good way to start the week.

Please let me know you're doing after your one day. And maybe we can go on to 2. But baby steps for now, cause I'm not there yet either.

p.s. Thanks you Prest4Time for the inspiration!

ONE DAY

Cso4, Hi there, just read your thread. Yes it is hard for some of us.I have been drinking heavily for over 25yrs.I am having A AL free day today Monday and count me in for tommorrow day 2. Lets do it together.I will post tommorrow to see how you are coping with day2. Good Luck. johno:goodjob:
    Boozer

Comment

ONE DAY

Hi CSO4,
      I had a few al free days last week but blew it last night, so I'm in again on June 1st. I'm shooting for two weeks.

Comment

ONE DAY

CS. Im in. This is day 2 for me. I will make it to Day4 pretty well but than my kids go back to their father's and i normally blow it. I will stay here every day with you.

Comment

ONE DAY

CS,

I am in with you for today.

I can only take this one day at a time because I panic when I think of a lifetime. It is that simple.

However, I can handle it today and am right with you on it!!

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ONE DAY

CS I am rooting for you -- you go girlfriend!!!
            I will join you (and everyone else) in being AF today.
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

ONE DAY

I am new to this site. I too would like to have a "one day" sober holiday. June 1 seems like a good place to start. I found my 12 year old's diary in which she talks about all of the times she's seen me drunk, and how scared it makes her. I am feeling so quilty and ashamed. I only drink in the evening, but it's become an EVERY evening occurance. I hate what I'm doing to my kids, and I hope this site will be able to help me. Last night, my husband and I only shared one bottle (a small one) of wine. Followed by my having a vodka/soda after that...but at least I remember going to bed...a not very frequent occurrance for me as of late. I can't believe things have gotten so bad. I feel like a terrible person. I hope I can make it through the day...:new::upset:

Comment

ONE DAY

Hey CS - I seem to be in this "every other day" pattern. Well, it's Progress from... every day, right??

I think I'm getting "psyched" to join the 4 day thread...
                Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ONE DAY

I'm in!!! This is just what I needed this morning. I have always felt close to you CS04 and felt we were kind of in the same boat. I too have been here a while and am still struggling. Monday, June 1st seems like a great starting point. I'm here for you girl, and appreciate that you have been here for me. Lets do this!!!

:l
                  Ak
                  :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

ONE DAY

Hi crybaby,

I can totally relate to your post. My 13 year old son told me last week that he finds me embarassing when I am drunk - I felt awful. My mum is in final stages of alcoholism organ shutdown etc, I have so mixed feelings as I vividly remember all the times she was drunk/drinking, yet now shes a very weak fragile 66 yr old losing her battle. I am so terrified that I go the same way and so have taken this first step. This is my first day on here and it is truly helping. I am on day 2 , but as I am more of a binge drinker it will be day 4 or 5 that proves a challenge for me. I usually reward myself after a few days then a few days later get very drunk and very embarassing particulary for my sons. We can do this! if I feel temptation my partner is going to remind me of my sons worries , then I am going to keep myself busy. Thats the plan I bloody hope I have the courage.

Taz x

Comment

ONE DAY

taz1:
                      Thank you so much for replying to my post. I feel like if there could be one other person who understands ... who is struggling just like me... that maybe there is some hope. Thank you again.

Comment

ONE DAY

You are definately not alone crybaby. My boy is 13. There are so many shameful moments, I feel like a horrible Mom. But it is because of him that I am here and trying so hard. I am not doing as well as I had hoped but I am not giving up.

There is ALWAYS hope. Just never give up.
                        :l
                        Ak
                        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

ONE DAY

CryB, a friend of mine got drunk on a Sunday afternoon, ordered pizza for her 14-year-old and visiting girlfriend because she was too smashed to cook dinner, and then stood there, holding out empty plates for them, saying, "Go ahead, girls -- eat your pizza!" The daughter replied, "But mom, there's nothing on the plate." All were mortified.

You are not alone. You're a good person. It's the AL that makes you "someone else."

My thoughts are with you!

LilBit
                          "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

ONE DAY

CryB Welcome to the site. Keep posting. You may want to start a new thread with you're story so that you can get alot of people helping

CryB, Taz and AKgirl..i have 10 year old twins who were very involved in my drinking (and driving). They were terrified of me. Im separated now and i have certain times that i dont drink (when i have my kids 3-5 days a week, when i go to meetings, when i drive etc.) this has limited my drinking somewhat to only when i am tucked away alone in my house. Anyway, my kids have seen way too much

CS04, Cinders, SAVON...everyday is a miracle i think. Im on day 2 (only because i have the kids).

Comment

ONE DAY

I know I am going to want to cave later, when it is closer to witching hour. But what I am going to remember to keep me from doing so, is last year on June 1 I must have really gone on a bender, because last year on June 2, which is hubby's birthday, I was so hungover that I slept all afternoon and could barely stomach a glass of wine when we went out for his birthday. At this time last year I was *really trying* to go AF, and now here I am exactly a year later.

It's one day. Just deal with it. (the message is to myself, not all of you!)

Comment

Working...
                              X