Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

:new: Finally found a support place to come to. Been drinking since I was 12 stopped at 29 started again at 40 now 50 and some of the stuff I have done being drunk scares me I have fallen thru glass windows never remeber in the morning etc etc. Anyway I have tried to cut back went to all the treatment groups to learn about drugs and alchol as I wasnt taught that when i was young as in how much is too much. I only drunk one nite last week then came the weekend was doing great till Sunday nite got totally written of. Woke up Monday morning and my husband was furious and fed up i was doing his head in , so now day three no drink start antabuse Sat kinda scared and exciting. The last three days it has been awesome waking up feeling alive,joined the library as I use to love reading books so instead of having a glass of bourbon I have been drinking water and reading a book love mysteries ! Now my journey will begin going back to my counsellor she will be proud of me as I am of myself. Evenutally smoking is next on teh line but for now drinking is my focus I also told my husband I cant do both now he has backed of it didnt help with him putting so much pressure on me, he now understand this is my journey his binge drinking is his prob this is about me.
    Thanks

Hi

Welcome Maddy!!

I too love to read but never managed more than a page or so before passing out each evening. Now it's my special treat to climb into bed while the family are still watching TV (I couldn't be bothered) and catch up on my latest book.
    How wonderful it is to read the story and remember it:-)

I must be honest I would never have been able to quit smoking and drinking at the same time -- I know some who have done it and I admire them greatly for it, but I only managed to quit smoking the beginning of this year after I got my drinking under control.

Strength to you!
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi

Maddy;626582 wrote: :new: Finally found a support place to come to. Been drinking since I was 12 stopped at 29 started again at 40 now 50 and some of the stuff I have done being drunk scares me I have fallen thru glass windows never remeber in the morning etc etc. Anyway I have tried to cut back went to all the treatment groups to learn about drugs and alchol as I wasnt taught that when i was young as in how much is too much. I only drunk one nite last week then came the weekend was doing great till Sunday nite got totally written of. Woke up Monday morning and my husband was furious and fed up i was doing his head in , so now day three no drink start antabuse Sat kinda scared and exciting. The last three days it has been awesome waking up feeling alive,joined the library as I use to love reading books so instead of having a glass of bourbon I have been drinking water and reading a book love mysteries ! Now my journey will begin going back to my counsellor she will be proud of me as I am of myself. Evenutally smoking is next on teh line but for now drinking is my focus I also told my husband I cant do both now he has backed of it didnt help with him putting so much pressure on me, he now understand this is my journey his binge drinking is his prob this is about me.Thanks
      All the best Maddy on YOUR journey.

You are so right in your last 4 words [this is about me].

We are as powerless over other people as they are powerless over us.

Take care and keep the faith.

Comment

Hi

Hello and welcome Maddy
        I wish you well as you begin your journey. Let us know how we can be of help. One thing at a time love. Don't overwhelm yourself.:l
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hi

Welcome and good luck Maddy. I am so happy that you did come to realize that this is about you and not anyone else. That is really when the change starts happening. When we realize that we are worth it, not because someone else is wanting us to change or even demanding that we change, but because we want to have a better life. Good for you. Hope to see you around the boards. Keep reading and keep posting.
          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hi

:welcome: and goodluck maddy,your in a good place here

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi

Welcome Maddy,

Glad you found us, this is a good place.
              Congrats on your 3 AF days. Keep it going, you will be so happy & proud.
              Stay close, we're here to help.

All the best,
              Lavande
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi

Welcome Maddy and congrats on your 3 days AF and it does get better.
                KTAB
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hi

Welcome Maddy . . .

Hi Maddy and :welcome:

"Finally found a support place to come to. The last three days it has been awesome waking up feeling alive, joined the library as I use to love reading books" "this is about me"

Love your optomistic words and I am so glad you found this forum. I agree the library, I can literally spend hours there and it takes my mind off of so much Stuff.

I hope you will keep returning to MWO for inspiration and encouragement.

Best of the best everyone . . .

Comment

Hi

Hi Maddy!
                    Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

Hi

Hi Maddy, I'm new here too. Your situation sounds familiar. Started young, drank socially till I was 40, then it hit the fan with a second bad marriage and a fifth a day. We can do this...
                      Rehab is for quitters!

Comment

Working...
                      X