loving the drink hating the think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i am a poet, i am so stuck right now. a few years ago i was all about being healthy and not drinking. i lost 30 pounds and was super active and happy. now i cannot get back there no matter how i try and how much i want to. and in the end i tell myself no one but me can help me i am so in to being strong and not being weak but i am stuck. any suggestions

Hi grrr, I love your name!!!
    Do you belong to a gym? Why not change your daily routine if you can!!! It really helped me to keep very busy, you have done really well by posting here, you will get loads of support here, keep reading & posting and think of the future & not the past, you can do this you know you can
    Love ronnie xxx
    :dancin: enguin:
    starting over

Comment

Hi Grrr and welcome
      the fact you have found yourself here is half the answer and shows that you want change...the greatest challenges strengthen us...forget yesterday today is a new day.. full of possiblites to be whoever you want to be. Shelley xx
      When you can look a thing in the eye,
      Acknowledge that it exists,
      Call it exactly what it is,
      And decide what role it will play in your life,
      Then my beloved,
      You have taken the first step toward your freedom.
      Iyanla Vanzant

Comment

Hi grrr,
        I think you just have to ease yourself back into these things. Drinking too much takes so much of the good energy from us and it may take a while to find it again. I know I was so listless and torpid for a while. I've got my energy back to some extent now, though I do have periods of tiredness which just seem to come and go every now and then. Maybe I'm just getting old

Comment

Your not getting old paul...lol...i am so tired i think its cause you are more in tune with your body when not drinking, i listen to myself more
          When you can look a thing in the eye,
          Acknowledge that it exists,
          Call it exactly what it is,
          And decide what role it will play in your life,
          Then my beloved,
          You have taken the first step toward your freedom.
          Iyanla Vanzant

Comment

shelley1;626612 wrote: Your not getting old paul...lol...i am so tired i think its cause you are more in tune with your body when not drinking, i listen to myself more
            That's true.
            But I'm not hearing the mixed up things I used to.
            Everything is much more coherent and clear.
            It really is remarkable how much calmer and laid-back I feel...de-stressed.

Comment

hi grrr, what did you have b4 that you dont have now,other then we get older,the body metabolism,changes as you get older,everything takes longer,as someone said you've gotten over the 1st hurdle,your here and people are listening,i beleive that alone is an accomplishment,my dear patience is a virtue,you'll be fine take your time gyco

Comment

Welcome grrr . . .

Hi ronnie, shelley1, popeye, gy & all to come . . .

Hi grrr, please to pardon but I have changed a few of your words to yourself around "now I CAN get back there if I try and want to".

I think you'll be surprised with yourself if you keep re-visiting MWO.

I have learned some amazing things about myself by reading posts from the inspiring, optomistic and encouraging people here in this forum.

I find reading books, listening to uplifting CD's and other hobbies also help immensely.

Best of the best to everyone . . . :l

Comment

Working...
                X