The Weekend Thread For Binge Drinkers 4th June - 7th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive always found the weekends to be hardest...something just kicks in..which is funny cause i drank every night..weekends were never special before..but gonna be so busy this weekend im not gonna have time to dwell...good luck to everyone this weekend and stay strong xx
    When you can look a thing in the eye,
    Acknowledge that it exists,
    Call it exactly what it is,
    And decide what role it will play in your life,
    Then my beloved,
    You have taken the first step toward your freedom.
    Iyanla Vanzant

Comment

Hi everyone

I'm in for the weekend, they are the toughest time for me too. On Day 5 today and feeling good. Been drinking lots of water with fresh lemon and sleeping lots, really early (like at 9pm!). Know from experience that this is my body's way of detoxing.
      If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

Good luck to all

Not really a binge drinker here, more of a constant thing for me, but I know you all can do it. I will try to NOT buy anything Saturday and since Sunday is dry here, I won't be able to buy then. I will look to see who's still in come Monday. GO FOR IT ALL! :thumbs:
        Rehab is for quitters!

Comment

Hi Shelley1, Blue Sky and Goodboy welcome to the w/end AF thread.
          I was drinking 7 days a week too, only difference with w/ends was I started earlier and continued drinking longer, a lot of the time to blackout. Boy am I glad to have halted that pattern of self destruction in recent weeks. Stick with us here, together we can do it.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

weekend AF party started here! Got my tonic & lime on the rocks and I feeling more than mildly optimistic -tenderfield, shelley, blue sky, Ktab, stay strong keep up the fab work so far and keep in touch over the weekend lets all feel brill and in control on Monday. Goodboy thanks for your support hope you win your battle over the weekend too your worth it!

Best

Taz x

Comment

Im in for the party too. I am back on day 1 again. Ok right back to the beginning. I just had my DUI charges dropped today so its going to be very easy for me to talk myself into "being fine". Anyway, im here to be AF for the weekend.

Comment

Cacky thats great news you must be relieved. Welcome along, Day 1 is the first step and you must remember how that DUI charge felt and keep strong. You can do it and we are all here to help.
                Taz1 I will be cracking open the V8 juice on the rocks later, I love that stuff.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hello you all,
                  thank you very much for BEING.

feeling a bit rubbish again, but off to the fridge to make myself something nice
                  to eat. will check in tomorrow.
                  best
                  starta:goodjob::l

Comment

Cacky - thats briliant news! Treat yourself to a AF weekend and feel proud and strong on Monday.
                    Ktab - cheers! keep chatting

Taz x

Comment

v8 juice...im on the cidona! Diet of course, lovely it is too.

Comment

Felt a bit wierd earlier, was wondering if I was having an allergic reaction to the l glut, i suddenly felt so tired and drained, I got a fright, I dont know, its unlikly that I am allergic to l glut , isnt it?

Comment

Limey, you are on about 4 weeks af no? It could just be your body adjusting to it. I felt exhausted at times and it seemed to come from nowhere. Just go with it and rest when you can.

Good luck for the weekend everyone!!
                          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thanks Starty, it could be an emotional thing, I really feel like this is my time and its kinda exciting and upsetting at times...

Comment

Of course it is. You are going through a massive change. Saying goodbye to an old way of living. I am dead proud of you girlie!!!!
                              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I felt like my legs were jelly ...but this was 8 hours after taking it!I just started reading the shame book that bh gave me and it passed.

Comment

Working...
                                X