Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood pressure waaaaay down!!

Hey all,

Just wanted to report some awesome health news . In the past 3 weeks, my blood pressure has dived from a scary 160+/90+ to this morning at 112/72. My resting pulse is now 50-60. And my face is returning to normal skin color!!

Loving life again. Thank you all for being here.
    --Steve

Fantastic news!

That really must give you motivation to continue! Bet you are feeling better in all sorts of ways.

Keep Strong!
    If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

Thanks Blue... it really is! My clothes fit again and I feel 10 years younger already.

I just registered for my first half-marathon race this Fall. It'll give me something to work towards, and look forward to. I also made a Dr. appt for a physical for next month... something I haven't done in over 10 years!

Staying strong,
      --Steve

Comment

Woo hoo!!! What a brilliant post!
        Isnt it wonderful to feel great again?
        Good luck with your race too. I have just done a 10k and it really does feel like a wonderful achievement. I need to think of my next goal now.
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

That is beautiful love. I was so happy when all the beer bloating left my body
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I am with you Steve! This morning at the dreaded doctor?s appointment my blood pressure went from last check at 170/105 to 124/72. In addition, as I tend to be a thin old old bird the doc suggested I eat some ice cream. I can?t believe it, a prescription for ice cream. This alcohol free business just could catch on. What a lovely reinforcement for not drinking! Love, Ladybird.
            may we be well

Comment

Good for you Steve!
              Enjoy the improved health
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Done, im so happy for you. Wow all that and only 3 weeks sobriety. alot to look forward to,

Comment

Great news Steve. And this is what happens when we stop abusing ourselves. I wasn't abusing alcohol, i was abusing myself. I love my non bloated, non red faced, healthy skinned, shiny haired appearance, inside, and out. There are NO negatives in being sober!
                  Best wishes.........G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                  X