Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A welcome visit from some old friends :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A welcome visit from some old friends :)

Morning all - and HAPPY FRIDAY :rays:

Day 11 for me and I can't believe I've made it over the 10 day mark - this is unprecedented territory! I haven't been alcohol free for this long in the last 4 years. This morning I jumped out of the bed with a skip in my step (the fact its Friday probably helped!) and for the first time in a long while was really looking forward to the day ahead.

I'm also pleased to announce I've re-acquainted with some old friends........Mr Motivation made a welcome return yesterday (kindly helping me out with the Spring clean), Mr Optimism turned up shortly after and is hoping to bunk up with me for a while and last but by no means least Mr Libido made a very welcome return last night :bigwink: woo hoo lol.

Gosh I've really missed those guys!! ointup:

Hopefully my positive frame of mind will stick with me the weekend. I thought I'd document it while I can.........as in the past 11 days I know tomorrow (or even the next hour) I could be back in the doldrums.....but for now all is good.

So, a quiet weekend is planned, the Sunny weather has broken here in the Crystal City - but will hopefully return soon. Enjoy your weekend all my wonderfull MWO buddys x

Nic :happyheart:
    5th February 2013......... To sobriety and beyond! :angel:

Dealing with the Beast since May 26th 2009

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.
    Patrick Henry

A welcome visit from some old friends

Hiya Nic,
    Great to hear! Are you giving up for a certain amount of time? For good? What's your plan, if you don't mind me asking?
    Best wishes.............G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

hi 99 glad to have you back,you no your with a great group of people gyco

Comment

Morning all, Nics its great to hear you in such good form. I am not that far ahead of you days wise but am constantly suprised by the difference AF is making in my life.
        I love your avatar, it just brought such a smile to my face. Now if I could just remember who he reminds me of :H
        Have a nice w/end.
        KTAB
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hi Nics, what a great post.
          AF is definitely worth working towards and you will get down times but those get less and less as time goes on.
          Well done on 11 days!
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hey Guitarista,
            Im planning to abstain - I've tried modding for the last few years and while I seem to be able to 'control' things for a certain while, I always end up slipping. Lately the reasons/triggers are becoming more and more frequent, in reality I'll always find a reason....

I've come to realise my relationship with alcohol has crossed the line. I'm not able to go out and enjoy a drink or two. Inevitably after the first couple 'Nitemare Nicola' makes an appearance - and my whole focus is getting more into me, usually until I make a holy show of myself. This coupled with the fact on and off the last year I have been drinking a bottle to two of wine (sometimes 3 :blush a DAY secretly = a very big problem.

Its taken me a long time to admit I really am powerless over the blasted stuff. So my only option is to end my relationship with the bottle full stop. Tough going, but this time I am determined. I'm on my last legs on alot of levels (work, relationship, freindships etc) Things can't get much worse - So I figure the only way is up eh
            5th February 2013......... To sobriety and beyond! :angel:

Dealing with the Beast since May 26th 2009

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.
            Patrick Henry

Comment

Excellent Nics! I've given up the grog for similar reasons, and i tell ya, it get's better and better. Changing my thinking, and going for an overall mindset of gratitude, and not deprivation for not drinking, i found to be a key. If you can get yourself over the first few weeks, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day, etc, whatever it takes..........It's magical, difficult to imagine in the early days, but totally worth it, and much more. It's possible, millions have gone before us, and you can do it!
              Best wishes..........

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi Nics,

Great stuff! And the good thing is, it just keeps getting better and better

Comment

Very good! Congrats on double digits!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Nics 99 - well done you!What an achievement inspiration to us all. Keep strong over the weekend and relish your 'new friends'!

Taz x

Comment

Yay Nics!!! Double digits do feel good, don't they, I'm right with you on 13 today, and G is so wise, a position of gratitude and appreciation for where we are versus longing for whence we have come/what's been left behind seems to be key! Your tagline grabbed me too...look to the future! Best of luck you can do this!

Comment

Well done Nicola from this Dublin girl who drank the same amount last bad binge was 3 bottle of wine. Las t night was 3 litres of cider so today is no 1 again. My drinking days have to stop too. Done too many things i'm ashamed of but that was yesterday tommorow is another day. Back to AA an done day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                        X