Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Friday 5th June

Hi ODATers!!

Shelby, Jessie, Greenie, LadyB and Donedrinkin' thanks for your suggestions and please forward plans for time machine to my mailbox!!

Anyway, nerdy, weedy, Wall Street Banker, must have heard me talking about him yesterday as he has decided to fly over TONIGHT :upset:

He wants to have a bath and his breakfast at the cottage before he goes on to somewhere for a big business meeting. Problem - bathroom and most of cottage still covered in dust sheets and decorator still decorating. AAAGGHHH

Felt like a bottle of wine last night after getting that news! But didn't and just posted a big fat zero in drinktracker and feel so good for it :goodjob:

Have a great weekend all of you.

Bx

ODAT - Friday 5th June

Hi ODATERS

Well done MM on not downing a bottle at the speed of light! By not doing so you are in a much better position to sort out the mess today. This is a lesson that I struggle with, that when a situation is bad and stressful a bottle + of red wine does not actually help!

Let's hope his flight is delayed and then traffic on the motorway slows him down (if he's flying into Heathrow he will have to make his way through the Friday night London exodos traffic)! He'll be the one wishing for a time machine tonight! HA HA HA!

Have you got all those fiddly toys out of their even fiddlier packing yet?

Have a good AF weekend everyone
    If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

ODAT - Friday 5th June

Hi Mad Mum and Blue Sky. When I get thrown a curve and feel the pressure, the most natural thing in the world that follows for me is to have a stiff drink. I don?t know how long it will take for another habit to fill in, but I think every time we do something else we chip away at the connection a bit, replace it with something new. I really want to be able to face things both calmly and wide awake one of these days, a novel combination. Thank you for this thread. Love, Ladybird.
      may we be well

Comment

ODAT - Friday 5th June

ODAT - Saturday 6/6

Hi ODATers

Just nipping in really quickly while I can get on the PC without children etc shoulder surfing.

Keep strong and as ladybird said yesterday keep chipping away at those old connections to "have a stiff drink" we can do it!

Luv all to come
        Bx

Comment

Working...
        X