New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

Hi I am DriftyAlison0 from Quitnet and I decided to quit drinking. After failing two times to quit drinking on my own I was brought here. I thought about AA meetings but I am a busy person and I am not sure if I will have time for AA. I won't take that option out. But I am going to give this site a try! I started drinking on New Years Eve. In the beginning it was just special occaisons but lately I have been finding myself drunk on nonspecial occaisons. And with alcoholism in my family I knew I was going down that road and I didn't want to end up like that. Plus I am a Baptist Christian and in my line of faith drinking is a sin. How I started was my mom convincing me to do it. I wish I would of said no but I wanted to try it out.

It is day 1 again for me and I know with tihs site and quitnet I will be successful in quitting drinking. I am going to try to quit completely. But a part of me just wants to do it slowly but the majority of me wants to quit completely.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

New here

Hi Drifty
    This site is great, you will get loads of support and help from here, just keep posting and reading your way around the site. And most of all keep yourself busy and drink lots of water. Like you said you have quit smoking so you can quit drinking.
    I think you have done really well so far in quitting smoking and I am sure you will do just as well in quitting the drink
    Love ronnie xx
    :dancin: enguin:
    starting over

Comment

New here

Welcome Drifty. I'm back to day one myself. The most I've done was 28 days so far. I gotta do it this time. It's entirely out of hand. Nothing but problems. Your right if you can quit smoking cold turkey you can quit drinking. Best of luck to you. Stick around you'll find this site very helpful. Have a great weekend.
      Starting over again
      ray:

Comment

New here

Welcome, DriftyAlison!

If you can quit smoking; you can quit drinking! They say that quitting smoking is harder.

Hope to see you around!

Comment

New here

Welcome drifty

You've come to the best place, we all on a journey together loads os support to be had, just keep posting

best

Taz x

Comment

New here

Welcome drifty. This is a greaty site. You will really like it.

Comment

New here

Welcome Alison its day 1 for me again too. I attend AA meetings as i find it helps a lot but its not for everyone. I also quit smoking cold turkey and don't miss them at all despite being over a year off them. Now i've got to quit drinking as it has almost ruined my life. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

New here

Welcome DriftyAlison0 . . .

:welcome: Drifty . . . glad your here.

Hi ronnie, Lastcall, Acc't4me, Taz, Cacky, Firefox and all to come . . .

Drifty, are you going to read the book 'My Way Out'? (It's gives you an idea for your own plan). Plus I find that reading and threading here helps tremendously.

Yep, I agree this is an excellent forum to acquire knowledge, support, encouragement and even laughter.

Please keep reading and threading and as loads of us will say 'keep busy' it truly helps.

Best of the best everyone and all to come . . . :l

Comment

New here

Hi Drifty!

I also quit smoking with Quitnet as one of my tools! I just celebrated my 1 year anniversary from smoking. The only time I smoked was when i drank and the urge was so strong! I bought the MWO book and now I've been AF for over 8 months as well.
                  You will do great with the support here--read the book--it's a great program!

:welcome:
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

New here

Welcome Drifty,

You've come to a good place, lots of support here.
                    As you can see from my Stats - anything is possible if you want it bad enough

Wishing you the best,
                    Lavande
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                    X